atcomsystems.ca/forum
We have a customer with an InterTel 5000 v2.4.1.30 with a PRI. They have DIDs as well. There are 4 DIDs that when you dial the, the call just drops. At first I thought it was a carrier problem, until I found out these extensions are being forwarded. I took the forwarding off one of the problem extensions, and the DID rang in normally. In addition, the phone would forward to an outside number when a call was made from another extension. However, when an extension was forwarded to an outside number, an incomming call would still drop.

Does anyone know the flag that would allow, or disallow the forwarding of outside calls to another outside number?

Of course, the tech who set this up, and just updated their system, is on vacation, hence why I am asking here.
There is a station flag to allow forwarding to the public network:

System / Endpoint Related Information / Flags / Manual Foward to Public Network. Make sure your stations are listed. If not, right click and add them.

Make sure those stations have outbound access to the PRI: System / Devices and Feature Codes / CO Trunk Groups / Outgoing Access. Open up the extension list and make sure your stations are included.

Check that the stations are assigned outbound access the same as a phone that works: System / Devices and Feature Codes / Endpoints / Associated Extensions. Because you're using a PRI, it should be ARS, which is 92000 by default.

To troubleshoot, forward the station again, then dial it from another extension. Often, the display on the phone you're calling from will offer a clue as to where the failure is. When you dial the extension, your display should say "Call Forwarding to XXX" with the name of the trunk group shown.

If the call drops at this point, it's probably a trunk access issue. If the call is routed, it's a carrier issue.

Happy hunting!
Firstly, thanks for the response, to go through your response part by part...

There is a station flag to allow forwarding to the public network:

System / Endpoint Related Information / Flags / Manual Foward to Public Network. Make sure your stations are listed. If not, right click and add them.
All stations are listed in that flag.

Make sure those stations have outbound access to the PRI: System / Devices and Feature Codes / CO Trunk Groups / Outgoing Access. Open up the extension list and make sure your stations are included.
Checked the Flag, all extensions are listed
There are 4 pots lines as well, in that trunk group, so for testing I created a new trunk group and moved the POTS lines to that. Then I changed the outgoing extension on one of the extensions to that new trunk group. I got the same result when dialing from the DID, dialing the extension from the AA, or transferring an outside caller to that extension (call drops).

Check that the stations are assigned outbound access the same as a phone that works: System / Devices and Feature Codes / Endpoints / Associated Extensions. Because you're using a PRI, it should be ARS, which is 92000 by default.
again check...

To troubleshoot, forward the station again, then dial it from another extension. Often, the display on the phone you're calling from will offer a clue as to where the failure is. When you dial the extension, your display should say "Call Forwarding to XXX" with the name of the trunk group shown.
The call does forward when dialed from an extension, but drops when a DID is dialed (DIDs do work properly if I take the forwarding off..the extension rings), or if an outside call is transferred from the AA or from another extension, the call drops.

Their Carrier, Quest, has said that they get "Call Code Rejected 21 from the system when the call drops.

Any more ideas would be welcome!
Problem solved...once we entered the main phone number in the proper Trunk Group under Calling Party Number, it worked properly.
You can setup forwarding yourself, remotly. using on line monitor. You do not need to have a phone attached to system if they sre going to be forwarded all the time. Use a Phantom extension, then turn on line monitor, then goto forward information for that phantom extension.

Good Luck!!
On a (possibly?) related note, I've got a recurring issue with a single station that occasionally receives incoming calls that display "UNATTENDED CNF" on the caller ID while ringing. When he picks up, he finds himself listing to a conversation between two parties (neither of which can hear him). Without fail, one of the parties is always a member of our staff who has forwarded his or her calls to a cell phone. I wasn't bothered by this for a while (we thought it was a little funny) until just a while ago when we were able to listen in on someone giving his credit card information over the phone. Now I'm looking for a way to patch up this glitch. Can anyone help?
Go to System\Timer and Limits\Unsupervised CO Timer. Max it out to 255 minutes.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help