atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: DCPhone Outbound PRI name - 01/25/10 09:09 AM
This question has been asked several times thoughout the years, but I wasn't able to find a concrete answer. I have a Inter-Tel CS-5200 v 2.3.6.47 with two PRIs. The phone company swears they are allowing us to overide the calling party name and number. I can send out any digit/number so that works fine. I'm not able to send out a calling party name (it always displays the default name assigned to our PRIs by the LEC.) Has anyone ever been successful sending the calling party name out over a PRI?

Thanks
Posted By: superfoneguy Re: Outbound PRI name - 01/25/10 10:59 AM
Calling Party Name is controlled by the receiving party, not the sending party. The public network is not setup to traverse the name from end-to-end like the calling number.

So why is Calling Party Name supported? One reason is so you can put the 5000\Axxess systems behind a large PBX connected via ISDN. In that environment, I would be able to call you from PBX to PBX and you would see who is calling, number and name.
Posted By: DCPhone Re: Outbound PRI name - 02/12/10 12:19 PM
Our local Inter-tel office said this could be done so I called our LEC (who originally said it could be done too). I finally got an engineer at the LEC who confirmed this CANNOT be done. Thanks for the correct information superfoneguy!
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help