atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: flyfishin4trout IC Directory - 02/03/10 07:57 AM
How do I clean out the IC directory? We have a lot of old names and numbers in there that are no longer needed. Thanks you guys are always very helpful here.
Posted By: MVSpeed Re: IC Directory - 02/03/10 12:44 PM
The directory comes from the names in database programming for the devices listed. You will need access to programming to make the changes
Randy
Posted By: flyfishin4trout Re: IC Directory - 02/10/10 02:34 PM
Sorry Im confused. Ive looked everywhere and cant figure out what to do.
Posted By: flyfishin4trout Re: IC Directory - 02/10/10 03:09 PM
Ok I think I might have it. If I go into Devices and Feature Codes -> Stations then find the extensions I no longer want and delete them does this take care of the directory as well. Is this a bad way of doing it. Is it easy to get the extensions back if I need them?
Posted By: dfleschute Re: IC Directory - 02/11/10 10:25 AM
I would suggest deleting the voice mailbox. That eliminates the recordings in the directory, and no external calls can reach the extension. Do not delete the station.
Posted By: flyfishin4trout Re: IC Directory - 02/11/10 12:15 PM
All the extra voice mailboxes are gone but the numbers still show up in the IC Directory. So we have 50 employees and 283 names in the IC directory. How do I get rid of the names in there? Phone systems are confusing. Im a systems engineer for 15 years and this thing has me pulling my hair out.
Posted By: superfoneguy Re: IC Directory - 02/11/10 01:01 PM
Click on a station name you wish to delete. Press your 'Delete' key, then press your 'Enter' key.
Posted By: flyfishin4trout Re: IC Directory - 02/11/10 01:21 PM
Quite funny. The guy above my last post said not to delete the stations. I was wondering if that was accurate. I have deleted a few of the stations just fine.
Posted By: superfoneguy Re: IC Directory - 02/11/10 01:35 PM
My post didn't say to delete stations. My post contains instructions on how to delete the names of the stations. You can delete them if you wish, but you'll need to recreate them later if you need to add people.

When you click on a station name, the name becomes selected. If you then press 'Delete', the name is deleted. If you then press 'Enter', the deleted field is updated to the PBX DB.
Posted By: flyfishin4trout Re: IC Directory - 02/11/10 02:03 PM
If I go under devices and feature codes then go to stations. I have three groups under there. Local, AZ, and Boise. If i click down into one of those groups i see my extensions. I click on the extension 1403 and click delete. It says an extension number may not be blank. Sorry im doing something wrong.
Posted By: Carmac Re: IC Directory - 02/11/10 03:05 PM
Unless someone else gives an easier method, what I do is delete the MAILBOX - ONLY:

\Voice Processor\Devices\Mailboxes\{select node]

Highlight entry (the whole line in RIGHT Window)
Hit 'DELETE' Key.

You can recreate the mailbox again immediately, or wait until circuit reassigned.
Posted By: flyfishin4trout Re: IC Directory - 02/11/10 04:45 PM
Most every entry showing up in the IC directory doesnt have a mailbox. Ive deleted all of those and they still show up in the IC directory.
Posted By: superfoneguy Re: IC Directory - 02/11/10 04:56 PM
Dude. Yer makin' this waaaaay to hard.

You want to get rid of the station names, right?

Click on the NAME, not the extension number. The NAME should highlight. Press the delete key. Press the enter key. Do this for both the Station Description and Username fields.
Posted By: flyfishin4trout Re: IC Directory - 02/12/10 08:09 AM
I want to get rid of the names and extensions in the IC directory. I have deleted the description and username of all the unused extensions. But they still exist in the IC directory. It just shows the extension number still instead of having a name. It still shows 260 entries in the IC directory on the phone. Which is a ton to scroll through to get to one of our 30 employees.

Thanks so much for all of your help. I really appreciate it.
Posted By: MVSpeed Re: IC Directory - 02/13/10 02:30 PM
The fix I have used is to make all your blank stuff ZZZZZ as the name/disc this will move them to the bottom you can also put Z-day for your day app and Z-night for your night this will move this stuff to the bottom of the directory,or you can teach the user to spell the name of the person they are looking for ..... that might be the easy solution
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help