atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: DND ON Eclipse Professional Keyset Display Issue - 03/03/10 06:50 AM
I’ve got an unusual problem with an Eclipse v10.001. We’ve had to replace 5 Professional keysets on the same port because the LCD display stops working. The keyset works okay, but no display. We swapped out the DKSC-16+ and still lost a display.

We replaced the Professional keyset with an 8560, and it’s been okay for a couple of weeks. Mitel tech support says they have no clue, and nothing shows on the error logs.

Anyone have any suggestions?
When you get the phone back to the shop is the display still dead or will it work again? I suspect this is different exts not just one ext on the system? To blow the display totally out I would think voltage of some type to some phone on the same card. If it's the same phone every time I would run a new cable unless it's a girl wearing nylons shocking the phone.
Posted By: DND ON Re: Eclipse Professional Keyset Display Issue - 03/03/10 11:49 AM
It's the same extension every time, and the display doesn't come back when plugged into a different port, or on the test bench. The phone appears to be permanently damaged.

One of the techs thought about a possible firmware issue. Nothing in the system has changed, and there are other Professional keysets in use, so that doesn’t make sense.

I hadn't thought about static electricity. I was considering a new cable or moving the DKSC-16+ to a different slot, to explore a backplane issue. But the fact that the 8560 seems to be okay has me puzzled.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help