atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: SGI Admin 8622 IP Phone anomaly - 03/15/10 09:46 AM
Hello, I have been very impressed with the expertise of members who participate in the forum. Thanks for all the good info. I have an 8622 that I just can't get to work right.
In total I have 6 8622's and 5 of the 6 work fine. I have one that connects fine to the IPRC. I can dial out and can receive calls. Problem is they cannot hear me but I can hear them fine. I can also hear my own voice almost like the transmit side of this 8622 is in loopback. I have cheked settings and everything looks identical to others that are working. Switch is an Axxess running 9.100. 8622 is accessing via DSL, like all the others, and is configured the same. I did notice that the "Network Configuration" on this one had the wrong address for "Remote Server IP Address". I changed it to match the others but still no joy... Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.
Posted By: MVSpeed Re: 8622 IP Phone anomaly - 03/17/10 05:25 PM
Welcome to the board
I would start with swapping mac address' with one that works and see if the problem stays with the phone or moves to the other. To do this you will need to put a fake address on the first one so you aren't duplicating the number, then go back and put the correct number in after setting th second phone. This will tell you if it's a phone issue or a programming issue. It could be something as simple as a bad handset but narrowing it down to programming or hardware will help a bunch
Randy
Posted By: Peter Durgen Re: 8622 IP Phone anomaly - 04/01/10 04:52 PM
Hello,
Have you tried to re-firmware the 8622? I've had weird issues with 8660s and new firmware was usually a resolution.

Pete
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help