atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: bicknell123 System Conversion Help - 03/23/10 06:48 AM
I have come into possession of (I think) an Inter-Tel voice mail system containing approx 4000 .r24 files.

I need to convert these files to wav or mp3 and also try to find which mail box they belong to.

Obviously I am willing to pay for this, does anyone know any vendors who do this?

thanks,

b123
Posted By: Jeff Johnson Re: System Conversion Help - 03/31/10 09:33 AM
bicknell123,

I am in the same situation as you, but I only have a handful of .r24 files that NEED to be saved. One of them is actually a mailbox greeting from the company founder, who has since passed away.

Hopefully you get a response and someone is willing to help out.
Posted By: PCHD Re: System Conversion Help - 03/31/10 01:10 PM
I asked one of my techs about this. He said he does have a conversion tool we can e-mail to you.
However, he said the ONLY way to do this is one at a time. Are you sure you wnat to do this?
Posted By: bicknell123 Re: System Conversion Help - 03/31/10 02:23 PM
I HAVE to do this, i've pm'ed you my private email.

Thanks for your help,

b123
Posted By: Jeff Johnson Re: System Conversion Help - 04/01/10 09:00 AM
PCHD, I also pm'd you my e-mail address.

Thanks,

Jeff
Posted By: PCHD Re: System Conversion Help - 04/05/10 08:32 AM
I will get this to you as soon as I can.
Posted By: bicknell123 Re: System Conversion Help - 04/05/10 08:35 AM
Does anyone know how to match .r24 files to a specific number?
Posted By: MacGyver Re: System Conversion Help - 04/05/10 09:02 AM
Hey bicknell. Sorry. I've been out of the office for a couple of weeks and accidently deleted your PM. You can match them through Avdapmon.
Posted By: bicknell123 Re: System Conversion Help - 04/05/10 09:04 AM
avdapmon???
Posted By: dpmcintyre Re: System Conversion Help - 04/08/10 12:14 AM
avdapmon is the debugging console of the VoiceMail box. Its a seperate exe in the avdap directory on the VM box.

You can dial a mailbox, and watch the debugging console to see which file it accesses. Or you can play an announcement and watch to see what file it accesses for the readout.

There's no easy way to map what the filename is to what the recording is other than converting and listening to each one otherwise.
Posted By: bg6214 Re: System Conversion Help - 04/15/10 04:03 PM
If someone could connect the voicemail to a system and you could access these voicemails via a phone, and be able to tell what voicemails are in what voicemail box. And then, some systems had the email forwarding. Once setup, you can use that to forward the voicemails to an email address as a .wav file. Apologize if I am way off base here. smile
Posted By: dfleschute Re: System Conversion Help - 04/16/10 10:55 AM
This works when using a VPU. So it may not apply to you. Performing a manual backup creates a folder for each mailbox. The files have a naming system. N for new. S for saved. Then they are number sequentially. Use the conversion tool from these files. At least you will know which mailbox has the file.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help