atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: DataMan Locked out of Axxess Database - 04/22/10 09:30 PM
We have an older Axxess System (4.4-01) and yesterday I was trying to increase the baud rate for database programming and in the process, I enabled hardware flow control. Now I can't connect to the database.

I have the RS-232 port wiring pinouts and think I have the flow control set so it will always be open, asserted on Flow Control Input to Axxess with +8v on that line. I have tried other serial ports, baud rates from 1200 to 38400. It just won't respond after waiting for Asai Connection.

Can I access the database from our OS/2 voicemail PC or the SMDR port (which is working)? The database programming port is RS232-2 on a CPU128 card. I don't think we have TCP/IP on our Axxess system.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Posted By: bullcube Re: Locked out of Axxess Database - 04/26/10 09:14 PM
No IP untill 8.0. You could definately try another port, even the port on your OPC card might work if you have one. Try 9600 baud.

If none of those work for you and you know your cable/adapter are good, you might have to default the system and restore the DB... I've never been locked out of one though.
Posted By: DataMan Re: Locked out of Axxess Database - 04/26/10 09:17 PM
Thank you. As it turned out, I figured that answer out about 5 minutes before your post. I connected to the RS-232 port usually connected to the Axxessory Talk PC and it allowed me to change the settings for the port normally used for database access.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help