atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Ratata Inter Tel Phone - 09/02/10 11:30 AM
Two days ago the main operator phone call 2 key started flashing. The operator said that the key change from call 2 to call 4 and the IC key during the day. Sometime its stop for two hours and then start flashing again. We haven't change anything on the inter tel session manager to my knowledge. I changed the phone and all the wires thinking that would do it. Thank you in advance for your help.
Posted By: Stix1 Re: Inter Tel Phone - 09/02/10 11:38 AM
What version of software are you?

There was an issue with some older versions where the call key would blink inexplicably. The only way to get it to stop would be to delete and re-create the extension.

Be very careful since it is the operator's extension. You will have to make sure to add it back in to any HG, extension list, page zone, attendant, ring-in destination, etc. that it may be in.
Posted By: Ratata Re: Inter Tel Phone - 09/02/10 12:30 PM
The software version is 8.201.

Deleting and re-creating the extension sound like a solution, but I don't know if I want to do that since that extension is the main line for the operators and it's attached to a lot of things that I don't know.

Thank you.
Posted By: Stix1 Re: Inter Tel Phone - 09/02/10 12:38 PM
PM Sent.
Posted By: MVSpeed Re: Inter Tel Phone - 09/02/10 06:04 PM
Just a thought do you suspect the user could have swapped the key map and the key isn't really a call key but a DSS and someone is putting a phone in and out of DND making it flash? Try Special 396 and press the key is it really a call key? If so I'm thinking Stix1 is on to it
Posted By: Ratata Re: Inter Tel Phone - 09/03/10 05:05 AM
We don't have DSS enable on the system. I don't have key 396. What key 396 suppose to do? I even swapped the DKSC card and that didn't work. I haven't try Stix1 idea, because the way that the system is set-up. I was thinking on copying the main operator extension and paste it on another extension, delete and re-create the main operator extension, and paste the information back again. I don't know if that would work for this case.

Thank you
Posted By: Ratata Re: Inter Tel Phone - 09/03/10 05:52 AM
The Operator just call me and told me that the button is not flashing anymore. But I am sure it will come back like in two hours. This is weird. I think with have a ghost on our system.
Posted By: MVSpeed Re: Inter Tel Phone - 09/03/10 06:18 AM
The phone has a special key all phones on the system you are working on have one. it is an infinity key looks like a sideways 8 or on some was labeled spcl if you press it then on the key pad dial 396 then press the flashing key what does the display say?
Posted By: Stix1 Re: Inter Tel Phone - 09/03/10 07:11 AM
Originally posted by Ratata:
I was thinking on copying the main operator extension and paste it on another extension, delete and re-create the main operator extension, and paste the information back again. I don't know if that would work for this case.

Thank you
That's a good idea as far as keeping the original settings. You would still have to manually program it back in to hunt groups, ring in destinations, etc. etc.
Posted By: Ratata Re: Inter Tel Phone - 09/03/10 08:21 AM
MVSpeed,

When I press the infinity key and 396 I get "Invalid feature code", and I don't see that code under feature code on the Session Manager.
Posted By: Ratata Re: Inter Tel Phone - 09/03/10 08:29 AM
I am thinking on doing what Stix1 wrote before, deleting and re-creating the extension.

But I have a question, Where do I go to delete and recreate the extension.

I am thinking on going to the Session manager, Cabinets, DKSC card and select the extension (batch change type) to (none).

Do you guys think that's the right way or I am way off?
Posted By: MVSpeed Re: Inter Tel Phone - 09/03/10 08:31 AM
The feature is called "Review Keys" someone may have changed the code.
Also be sure you look at the stuff Stix1 is pointing out if you rebuild the extension. I would take a download of the system before making changes so you can open it up and look at it if something isn't working quite right
Randt
Posted By: Ratata Re: Inter Tel Phone - 09/04/10 06:59 AM
MVSpeed,

You were right, the 396 is set up as a different keys. When I press the Review Keys and then the button it state the button name. ex, for IC state IC and for call2 state call2. That look right to me. Sometime I see the IC button flashing and sometime I see call2 or call4 flashing.

Thank you.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help