atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Ed Lentz ARS is Busy problems - 02/07/11 11:20 AM
I have several Inter-Tel Axxess and CS5000 systems that have PRI circuits. They will occasionally not release the channels such that all the channels are in use until the circuit is reset. We have tried NI2 (which Mitel recommends), ATT5ESS (Which the carrier suggests) The problem was worse at NI2. the settings for both protocols are so limited that I can't see much wrong with the phone systems. We had one location use a different carrier for a couple of years and after switching to the current one this problem has come up. The Carrier is using a Taqua T7000 switch running Release 6.0.1. We don't see any errors on the circuits until we have to reset them.
Has anyone had any similar issues?

We have contacted Mitel Tech support and they want a freeze. I am afraid a freeze won't work out since this problem may take days to manifest itself. Also it seems to run in cycles, it might happen several times in a row and then nor for 30 days.
Posted By: DND ON Re: ARS is Busy problems - 02/07/11 06:45 PM
I have an Axxess v10 with a similar problem, only slightly more weird. The PRI is divided into two trunk groups at the CO. Several times, the channels on one trunk group will lock up, while the channels on the other are fine. Reset at the PBX or CO corrects the problem.

We’ve replaced the T1 cards in the PBX and smart jack. AT&T can’t find any problem, and there are no errors shown anywhere – the channels just lock up until the circuit is reset.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help