atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: dfleschute Network Alarms sent to multiple nodes - 06/23/11 05:34 AM
Node 3 is receiving alarm notifications from Node 2. For example, when Node 2 dials 911, Node 3 is notified. When a T1 alarm in Node 2 clears, I receive an email from Node 3 that the alarm was cleared. Node 2 is getting the alarm notifications fine, but why/how is Node 3 getting the notifications, and how do I stop it?
Posted By: DND ON Re: Network Alarms sent to multiple nodes - 06/23/11 06:07 AM
Is it just trunk related alarms? Are those Node 2 calls being routed via Node 3?
Posted By: dfleschute Re: Network Alarms sent to multiple nodes - 06/24/11 05:27 AM
Node 2 is in the US. Node 3 is in Canada. They have completely different trunks. I do route Canadian calls from Nodes 1 & 2 through Node 3. Node 1 is not sending alerts to Node 3. After the routing was set up, 911 calls from Node 2 routed to Node 3. I had to create a new route group for 911 calls in Node 2. No, 911 was not included in the route group to Canada.

I don't have a running list of the errors sent to Node 3, but you may be correct that it is only trunk alerts.
Posted By: DND ON Re: Network Alarms sent to multiple nodes - 06/24/11 06:21 AM
Check this flag: System / Flags / Send Network Alarms. Press F1 for details.

It’s disabled by default; maybe it got turned on.
Posted By: dfleschute Re: Network Alarms sent to multiple nodes - 06/24/11 07:35 AM
It is enabled. I want to receive the alarms. My question is why are the alarms from Node 2 showing up on Administrator phones on Node 3? I also receive emails regarding the alerts through Xarios.
Posted By: dfleschute Re: Network Alarms sent to multiple nodes - 06/24/11 07:44 AM
Found it! It was the "Receive Network Alarms" flag. DND ON, thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help