atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: MVSpeed CPC Battery light on - 07/08/11 01:54 PM
OK we all know that means the battery is dead or going bad...... what if you replaced it a month ago? I went out because the BBU was flashing replace battery. I pulled the cover to take a download before powering down and noticed the light on. I just replaced the battery less than a month ago. The customer didn't want me to take it down a second time so I couldn't rest the battery. I have scheduled to take it down next week and check the battey but hoping for some other thoughts
Randy
Posted By: Stix1 Re: CPC Battery light on - 07/09/11 06:59 AM
Saw in the Knowledge Base that it could be a power supply issue. Measure the +5V on the Power Supply and verify that it is greater than +5V.

If the power supply is mismatched to the system it could cause the battery circuit to not work properly. For instance, make sure you aren't using a 4 amp when a 9 amp is needed etc.

One recommendation is to unseat all the cards except the CPC. Turn on the power supply and then reseat all the cards.

Other than that, you'll probably have to replace the card.
Posted By: MVSpeed Re: CPC Battery light on - 07/09/11 07:08 AM
Thanks I read the same thread when I was on site but customer didn't want to go down during regular hours. I would have tested and called support but wanted to keep the customer happy. I did kill it during the lunch hour and it retained the database for the 10 minutes it was down
Thanks for the reply!!
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help