atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: JBade 911 settings? - 07/25/11 07:59 AM
Is there any settings which could be overwriting what my Carrier has for 911?

We moved some time ago but if I dial 911 I am still getting the old city's 911 operator.
(and they have our old address)

I called our t1 carrier (XO) and they swear it's correct in their system.

I looked though all the settings (5600) and don't see anything programmed in that would override where it would go to)

Thanks,

Jeff
Posted By: Stix1 Re: 911 settings? - 07/25/11 10:07 AM
From the switch side, you can only control what CO Trunk Group to use when calling 911. There is no control of who picks up at the far end.

Check under the station/Associated Extensions/Emergency Extension. It could be possible that you're using your POTS lines, for instance, and they have not been updated at the CO while your T1 has.
Posted By: DND ON Re: 911 settings? - 07/25/11 10:25 AM
To test - dial the trunk access code, then 911.

This will bypass any ARS or Feature Code programming, and you’ll know the specific routing of the call.
Posted By: dfleschute Re: 911 settings? - 07/26/11 05:31 AM
Check System\Numbering Plan\Route Groups for 911 routing. It is not usually necessary to have 911 routing here, but I did have to do it on one system. Perhaps a previous programmer created something there.
Posted By: JBade Re: 911 settings? - 07/27/11 06:31 AM
I'm going to go back to the telco.
Everything checks out in the system.

THANKS everyone..
Posted By: JBade Re: 911 settings? - 08/30/11 07:27 AM
OK so going back to this.

This is still an active topic.

My Telco is telling me I need to change what my PBX is sending out when making a call.

Not sure what I need to change.
I see the Service Base Number on the trucks.

But otherwise I am not sure.

Thanks!!!
Posted By: DND ON Re: 911 settings? - 08/30/11 10:56 AM
Calling Party Number on each station (you can copy/paste).
Posted By: JBade Re: 911 settings? - 08/31/11 09:13 AM
Is there something else?

When they change what Caller ID shows to some odd number that is in our account but not used by us it works.

When it's switched back to or main number 911 calls go to a city where our old office was.

They can't seam to figure this out.
(the telco is Global Relay but not called something else)

I have gone back and forth and talked with different people there and having the worst time trying to figure this out.

The are saying I need to set my outposting to what I want to show up on Caller ID and then they will change there system to this ODD number.

Does this make sense?
And is changing the Calling Party Number my only choice?
Posted By: DND ON Re: 911 settings? - 09/02/11 09:01 AM
Check the trunk group to make sure that the flag isn't turned on to Disable Sending ISDN Calling Party Number.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help