atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: PCHD Dealyed voice mails - 09/16/11 05:23 AM
Recently I have had a user complain that his voice mails are being delayed. He states that voice mails that are left in the afternoon he is not getting until the next morning.
No one else in the office is reporting this problem.
Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this problem?
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: Dealyed voice mails - 09/16/11 06:40 AM
The most common is that the user checks his VM, listens to the 1st message, then hangs up without getting the rest. MW light/indication is cancelled, messages remain, but the indicator is not triggered until another message comes in.
Posted By: DND ON Re: Dealyed voice mails - 09/16/11 07:04 AM
I get occasional complaints about this that I can’t attribute to user error. I generally delete the mailbox and create a new one.

FYI - if the user only listens to one of several new messages, the MWL should light again right away, and not wait until a new message is received.
Posted By: dfleschute Re: Dealyed voice mails - 09/20/11 01:14 PM
I had a user with the same issue, using an IP phone (8620). I unplugged the phone and let it sit for a couple of minutes. It has worked fine since. I have no explanation other than it was "Rebooted".
Posted By: DND ON Re: Dealyed voice mails - 09/23/11 02:43 PM
So, I think I was jinxed by this thread – my MWL stopped working yesterday!

I get email notification of voice mails, and the lamp lights when messaged from a keyset, but it doesn’t light with new voice mails.

Guess I need to clean out my mailbox and delete it.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help