atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Alupis Adding new line to Inter-Tel 5000 System - 09/19/11 11:15 AM
Hello Everyone!

I'm supporting an Inter-Tel 5000 phone system using Digital Endpoints. I have very little experience dealing with any phone system but have been trying my best to learn quickly... so please bare with me if my terminology is wrong! lol!

Devices:
Inter-Tel 5000 Phone sytem
Inter-Tel phones model 8520

Here's my situation:

The phone system is currently configured and working nicely with around 28 internal active endpoints and 5 active external phone numbers. The phone numbers are provided through a PRI trunk (hope thats correct terms). The current system has a voice attendant that helps direct customer's calls by listing extensions, etc.. through pre-recorded messages. We have a hunt group with 4 active endpoints.

We will now be supporting a second website with our same hunt group and need a way for calls to come in from a different phone number and go through a different voice attendant.

I have already gotten a new phone number and it has been added to our PRI trunk. When I call this number, it currently rings our office and goes to the current voice attendant. So i'm assuming that if i was just simply adding this phone number into the system, then it would be setup. However, it needs to be separate... so assuming there's more work to be done first.

I'm thinking I need to configure these things:

-Call routing to get the new phone number to route to a different voice attendant and then to the same hunt group.

-Setup a new voice attendant and record the recordings

-Setup new voice mailbox for this phone number.

-Setup some way to distinguish between the calls, such as a different ring tone or a light on the phone... just some way so that my hunt group employees will know which website's customer is calling in and so that it can be handled appropriately.

The problem is that I'm not really sure where to start and what things I should be editing. I have already made a database backup by using DB Studio/Programming by going Operations --> Database Operations --> Database Save.

I know we currently are using STAR (for when the office is closed on holiday's, etc) as well as regular (correct term?) routing.

If you need additional information, please just let me know. I tried to include anything you might need, but due to my lack of experience with these systems, I may have left something out!

Thanks in advance guys!

EDIT: Oh, and almost forgot to add... I'd really, really like to be able to make the config changes without effecting anything that the phone system does normally during the day, as I will be making these changes during the business day while the system is in use. If we can avoid any side effects, that would be great! Thanks again guys!
Posted By: MVSpeed Re: Adding new line to Inter-Tel 5000 System - 09/19/11 07:09 PM
PM Sent
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help