atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: dfleschute Dialed digits vs. Caller ID - 09/22/11 09:03 AM
I'm sure this is a really easy thing to do, but I've not done it before and the manuals aren't much help. How is the phone display set to show which Hunt Group is receiving a call instead of the Caller ID? We have agents that log into multiple HGs, and they need to know what kind of call is headed their way.

Thanks
Posted By: DND ON Re: Dialed digits vs. Caller ID - 09/22/11 09:46 AM
Route the call through a CRA, where it will pick up the label.
Posted By: dfleschute Re: Dialed digits vs. Caller ID - 09/27/11 10:06 AM
You'll love this one. That option works, but all of the Agents are set to Auto Connect. The display does not last after the call connects. So they would never see it. Is there another option?
Posted By: TimH64 Re: Dialed digits vs. Caller ID - 09/27/11 01:09 PM
Try increasing the "Digital/IP Alternate transient display timer" It defaults at 10 tenths.
Increasing it should make the tranfered from display last longer.

Tim
Posted By: dfleschute Re: Dialed digits vs. Caller ID - 10/04/11 12:33 PM
Here is what the Help files have to say about this timer.

This flag, if enabled, allows the length of time that transient displays will remain visible to be controlled by the "DKTS Alternate Transient Display" timer. If this flag is disabled, transient displays will remain visible for 5 seconds. In the default state, it is disabled.

This flag is already disabled. The Agents are set to AutoConnect. The display instantaneously changes to the Caller ID. According to the manual, the timer should be 5 seconds.
Posted By: dfleschute Re: Dialed digits vs. Caller ID - 10/04/11 01:24 PM
I enabled the flag and set the timer to 50 tenths (5 seconds). There was no change. As soon as the call was connected, the display went to the caller ID and call timer.

Nice thought though. Thanks.
Posted By: MEM5449 Re: Dialed digits vs. Caller ID - 09/01/12 08:11 PM
Why would a client ever want their agents to be on 'Auto connect'?? When that's enabled its way to easy for a call to be answered BEFORE the agent is ready. I've seen cases where agents are chatting away with a coworker and didn't realize exactly when the call was delivered to them. Not good for outside caller to hear something they shouldn't.

Kinda is the same reason all my new clients ask me to turn off hands-free for all phones/stations. They're worried about being caught in mid-conversation and someone hearing something they'r not supposed to hear.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help