atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: japayne Mitel IP phone audio vs. Inter-Tel IP - 10/04/11 07:41 AM
Ever since the 5000 platform has been able to support the Mitel IP phones I have noticed that the audio on the Mitel IP set is completely different than an Inter-Tel IP set or a digital set. On almost every installation I get a complaint from the customer.
Does anyone else have this experience and if so how have you resolved the issue?
Thanks! mad
Posted By: dfleschute Re: Mitel IP phone audio vs. Inter-Tel IP - 10/04/11 12:08 PM
I have four 5000s, and I can't tell the difference in the audio.
I think the IP audio on the Mitel sets is better than the IT audio. It almost sounds stereo to me.

I did have one user complain bitterly about the Mitel audio a couple years ago but I was replacing an old NEC 2000 and those don't have hardly any side tone.
Posted By: MVSpeed Re: Mitel IP phone audio vs. Inter-Tel IP - 10/05/11 08:34 PM
What version? We had issues at 3.2.6 using echo profile 4 for trucks and profile 1 for Phones and setting VoIP Echo Canceler to Advanced (under system ..... note this will cause a system reset)Version 4.0 and above you shouldn't have an issue
RandyÂ
Posted By: japayne Re: Mitel IP phone audio vs. Inter-Tel IP - 10/06/11 06:03 AM
MV, I notice it on all versions, even 5. In fact I am running version 5 here at the office and I have Mitel 5340, 5312, Inter-tel 8662, and even 770.4600 IPP+. The Inter-Tel phones have more treble and the Mitel seem to have more bass.
Customer's typically complain that the Mitel sets
sound muffled. I think it's just the way the phones are designed. If you put the Mitel sets on a 3300 ICP they sound different. I think I'll open a ticket with Mitel and see what they say.
I do agree that they have a deeper sound. But I also think it is 'brighter' than the IT audio as well so it agrees w\ my ears. I do wish we could adjust the sidetone like we can w\ the 86XX fones.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help