atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: reaser Different ring for rollover - 10/07/11 07:51 AM
Ok here is our scenario. We have a number that rings 2 extensions, if neither of those pickup it ring our "front desk" 1100.

1100 also ring 1101.

Is there any way to have 1100 and 1101 have a different ring type to distinguish the difference from the normal calls?
Posted By: reaser Re: Different ring for rollover - 10/07/11 09:50 AM
Or if it would be easier i'd like to just set up caller id. Having some trouble programming this though.
Posted By: DND ON Re: Different ring for rollover - 10/07/11 07:18 PM
Have the call ring to a phantom, put a secondary call key for the phantom on each phone.
Posted By: reaser Re: Different ring for rollover - 10/10/11 06:25 AM
I have no clue how to do that, I'll see if I can figure out in the Admin manual. Frustrating that I have had no training on this system and as an IT guy my boss refuses to pay for support or for training for me.
Posted By: reaser Re: Different ring for rollover - 10/10/11 06:59 AM
I searched and found how to do the secondary call key. Thanks DND, your responses are always very helpful. I'm going to test this and see if I can get it to work.
Posted By: reaser Re: Different ring for rollover - 10/10/11 11:26 AM
Ok so I have this almost working. Is there a way to delay the call? For example, if the primary station doesn't answer after 3 rings then it will ring the secondary exension? And right now it's just lighting up the lamp on secondary extension. Can I program it to also ring?
Posted By: DND ON Re: Different ring for rollover - 10/11/11 05:44 AM
For the secondary call key, there is a drop-down box on the keymap to define the number of calls present for the secondary call key to ring. Make sure it’s set to 1.

Remember that secondary call keys only work for outside calls, unless you remove the intercom key.

As to delayed ringing, you could do that with a forward path. Set the phantom extension to be forward point 1 on a No Answer condition. For timing, you’ll be limited to the System Forward Initiate timer. If you need to control the timing you could build a hunt group and adjust the No Answer Advance timer.
Posted By: reaser Re: Different ring for rollover - 10/11/11 08:50 AM
Yea I only want it to work with outside calls. I did set the number to 1. It works well enough.

The delayed ringing is a bit advanced for me. I'll play around with it and see if I can figure it out.

Thanks again.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help