atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: MQCarpenter ACD Hunt Group Challenge - 10/12/11 01:09 PM
I have a unique group that is on the phone a lot for outbound calls. I am trying to distribute inbound calls to them through ACD.

No search type option seems to work well for them. It is crucial that they receive equal opportunity inbound calls, even if they are on the phone.

In my old S2000 I could add a phantom line to their handset and put that line in the ACD group (so it will ring even when their main line is busy). I do not see a way to do that here.

Would it work to do distributed call handling with a restart on the ACD idle timer? Either that or longest-idle with the restart? Can I force them to log in each day, because it appears that they just leave it logged in all the time, which I think is the issue with the screwed up handing out of calls.
Posted By: MQCarpenter Re: ACD Hunt Group Challenge - 10/31/11 08:59 AM
Wow I am shocked this has never been an issue for anyone! I will try to work around it
Posted By: superfoneguy Re: ACD Hunt Group Challenge - 10/31/11 06:05 PM
What kind and version of system?
Posted By: dfleschute Re: ACD Hunt Group Challenge - 11/02/11 07:22 AM
The Mitel ACDs are intended mainly for inbound calls and route around busy Agents. There are a couple of things you could try. First, change the flag where an agent on hold can receive calls. This would allow an agent to place a HG call on hold and receive another call. Second, set call distribution to Balanced Call Count. It's not perfect, but it helps. Third, set the flag on the phones to display Camp On information. This tells them when calls are holding in queue. They can use the feature code 4 to grab a call.

It's not automatic, but it works.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help