atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: SteveDG Caller ID and Name - 10/17/11 01:42 PM
Intertel 5000 v2.3.6.47. We have an auto-attendant that answers all calls. When we get a call, it will only show the caller id OR name (based on flag), not both. I was reading on another post in this group about removing the name from an extension so it will show both lines with caller id/name. Is that true in this case? This isn't an extension but an application. Is there a way to accomplish what I am looking to do? Seems crazy that such a high-end (IMHO) system can't show both caller name and ID (especially on my 6 line display phone).

Reference to related post: https://www.sundance-communications.com/forum/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/4/t/002631.html#000001
Posted By: Stix1 Re: Caller ID and Name - 10/17/11 03:05 PM
Go to System\Flags and verify that the "Display Caller ID Name and Number" is enabled.
Posted By: SteveDG Re: Caller ID and Name - 10/18/11 11:14 AM
Nope, that didn't help. Although it was off, it still only shows 1 line of caller id or name and the second line is for the transfer from extension.
Posted By: Stix1 Re: Caller ID and Name - 10/18/11 04:31 PM
Have you tried removing the name from the Application that is answering the calls as per your original post?

Try aiming the incoming calls directly at one of your extensions and not through the auto attendant just as a test. See if you can get both lines of information that way first so we know that your station flags are set up correctly.
Posted By: SteveDG Re: Caller ID and Name - 10/24/11 04:40 AM
Oddly some calls are now coming through with both lines and some are not. I cannot yet explain the reason on that. Changing the application name did not help.
Posted By: Stix1 Re: Caller ID and Name - 10/24/11 06:49 AM
Are the calls coming in the same way? e.g. - through the auto attendant.

When both lines do not come through, is it missing the name or the number? I'm wondering if the name is not provided by the CO where some of the calls are originating.

If you are receiving both lines some of the time, then the system is more than likely set up correctly.
Posted By: DND ON Re: Caller ID and Name - 10/24/11 07:43 AM
Is the Caller ID actually available? If it’s being withheld, nothing will be displayed.
Posted By: SteveDG Re: Caller ID and Name - 10/27/11 05:16 PM
Everything goes through our auto-attendant but I'll have to do some trial and error to determine if it's the same numbers that work/don't work.

Thanks everyone!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help