atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: reaser Rollover calls - 10/21/11 09:46 AM
Well here I am again. Can't seem to stay away long. Axxess system 9.1

Last night our Frond desk phone started acting strange.

When a call comes in (8560 phone) Call 1 lights up staff answers call.

Next call comes in and only displays on panel then disappears. If you end original call, Call 1 lamp lights up and phone rings.

Previously, Call 1 lights up, answer call. Next call comes in and Call 2 lights up and rings.

What could have happened that this is now occuring? Is there something in programming I can do to fix this? Or is this something at the carrier with rollower lines?
Posted By: Stix1 Re: Rollover calls - 10/24/11 06:55 AM
Are calls reaching the front desk phone via hunt group or straight to her extension?

Intercom dial the extension from another phone. Have them answer the call and then intercom them from another phone to see how it reacts.

Also do a feature code 396 and press the call keys to make sure they are still call keys. If they inadvertently put themselves into an alternate keymap that only has 1 Call Key, this could happen as well.
Posted By: reaser Re: Rollover calls - 11/01/11 01:12 PM
I've checked this and key mapping is the same, I've confirmed with feature code 396 the buttons are set to call 1, call 2 and so on, and other preconfigured keys are correct as well.

We did just port from one vendor to another, this is intermittent so I don't think it is a rollover issue. But at this point I can't tell. It happened for a day then the next day it was back to normal. Now a week later it's back to doing it again.

The calls are reaching via hunt group.
Intercom seems to work normal. If intercom call is in place and i then IC the extension it flashes the IC button as it always did and on my end it rings and then goes to waiting. This is how it has always worked for IC.
Posted By: superfoneguy Re: Rollover calls - 11/01/11 06:37 PM
That is normal hunt group operation. Whatever number being called is arriving at a hunt group at that station.

The outside lines are not to blame, what you need to do is figure out where the call is routing. So the next question is: what kind of phone service do you have, analog lines, or T1?
Posted By: reaser Re: Rollover calls - 11/02/11 12:23 PM
They are T1
Posted By: superfoneguy Re: Rollover calls - 11/02/11 03:33 PM
OK. Go to System\Trunk-Related Info\Call Routing Tables\Table 1. Look for the number being called or the last few digits of that number under the 'Pattern' field.

Double-click on the Ring-In Destination of that number. Reply with the name and type of destination.
Posted By: reaser Re: Rollover calls - 11/03/11 07:17 AM
It is a hunt group number 2400
Posted By: superfoneguy Re: Rollover calls - 11/03/11 08:11 AM
OK, then the system is acting normal. It's possible you could change it by routing that number directly to the desired extension but that would likely break other routing that is desired such as noanswer forwarding to auto attendants and so forth.
Posted By: reaser Re: Rollover calls - 11/03/11 08:48 AM
Okay I found the problem but not sure I understand why, maybe someone can elaborate.

I double click the hunt group and go to members. Ext 1100 and 1131 are listed. So those 2 phones are ringing.

However, someone unplugged Ext 1131 which is changing the way the calls ring and 1100 has the issue described above.

If I plug 1131 in everything works as it does.

Now 1131 should not be unplugged, i'm wondering what is happening that it changes the way 1100 rings? Just trying to understand the entire process to possibly help with troubeleshooting later on down the road.
Posted By: superfoneguy Re: Rollover calls - 11/03/11 08:52 AM
Are they listed like this:

or are they listed as one list device?
Posted By: reaser Re: Rollover calls - 11/03/11 09:11 AM
Yes listed on separate lines

Posted By: superfoneguy Re: Rollover calls - 11/03/11 11:24 AM
In theory what should happen if both phones are plugged in and idle is that ext 1100 will ring when a call arrives at the hunt group. If the call is unanswered by the time the No Answer timer expires, then the call will stop ringing 1100 and start ringing 1131. When the No Answer timer expires again, the call will start ringing 1100 again. If the hunt group has a Recall destination then the call will be transferred when the Recall timer expires. If 1100 is busy, then the next call will ring 1131 right away.

If 1131 is unplugged then it is not available. Therefore a call to this group will ring 1100 until the Recall timer expires (if there is a Recall destination programmed). If 1100 is busy the call will 'Camp-On' to the group and notify 1100 by both providing a short ring and an LCD update. There are station flags that determine whether the station hears a ring or not.
Also the above assumes hunt group defaults have not been changed.
Posted By: reaser Re: Rollover calls - 11/03/11 12:21 PM
Thanks for the explanation
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help