atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: dfleschute EM voicemail to email delivery failure - 11/02/11 07:45 AM
Hello Gents,
I've had a problem for a couple of months. Sizable messages have not been delivered as email. Yes, the size is below that allowed for attachments by our Exchange servers. I can find the following errors in the logs.

2011/11/02 00:02:53:567 WARNING:3 ASSOC: MTA
LEVEL: INFO DESC: INFO
INFO: MTA, USmtpSendMail, -162, End of socket stream data

2011/11/02 00:02:53:567 MAIL_REPORT:10 ASSOC:
LEVEL: INFO DESC: SMTP Delivery Failure
INFO: Domain: mail.******.com, SMTP: localdomain, From: ******@******.com, To: ******@******.com, Error Info: 417 Temporary deliv
ery error, Error in function {CreateFileMapping}

The Exchange servers don't even see it. Is there something going on with the Send Mail app on the EM?
Posted By: Stix1 Re: EM voicemail to email delivery failure - 11/02/11 08:24 AM
What kind of anti-virus do you have on the EM? Has it recently changed?
We're using Trend Micro. It has not changed. However, my situation has. Mysteriously, the emails were delivered. Now I have two emails that are being delivered every day. The voicemails are no longer in the mailbox, so they cannot be deleted. I have no idea how to get the messages out of the EM to keep them from attempting delivery over and over again.
An update. The EM was using V 2.0.12.3. There is a known issue with this software. The server was updated to V 2.0.12.4. Upon reboot, the pending emails were sent.
I spoke too soon. It happened again. Any clues?
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help