atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: zing116 Lost programming - 11/08/11 03:01 PM
We had A power outage and when the power came back on only one phone(X100) is ringing in. We have four more phones which would all ring and could be answered before.We have 3 lines on the system which can all be used to call out.The back-up battery was low so I think we lost the programming linking the phones. I downloaded an adminstor's manual but still don't know if the other four phones were extensions of the first phone or in a hunt group. I can't figure out from the manual how to reprogram the system for either.
The system is old and the company which originally installed it is gone. I have been able to program some features from the manual (Time and Date) and (Trunk group for stations but don't really understand that) so I think there is no hardware damage. I need to get all my phones back on the same page so they all ring and can be answered by whichever phone is picked up.
Posted By: MVSpeed Re: Lost programming - 11/08/11 05:43 PM
First welcome to the board, I know we have a lot of folks here that can and will help you out. Please let us know what the system is you are dealing with. Any info on the phone types might help as well
Thanks
Randy
Posted By: zing116 Re: Lost programming - 11/09/11 01:39 PM
I believe it's an Axxess system and the phones are standards with the two-line display. I don't see any numbers on the phones and just serial #'s on the computer box.The manual part # was 5400.
Posted By: superfoneguy Re: Lost programming - 11/09/11 03:03 PM
The older Axxess systems used a rechargeable battery to backup the database. After a period of (usually) a couple years the battery would fail and loss of power would cause the system to lose it's database. It sounds like this is what happened to you. I would suggest a call to the local Mitel dealer to see if they can help you get yer system programmed the way you need and get you a replacement battery.
Posted By: zing116 Re: Lost programming - 11/09/11 03:36 PM
We've called several people and the one who advertised Inter-tel service got here and said they didn't know how to program our system due to it's age. The rest were not familar with Inter-tel. No one said anything about Mitel I'll look but if anyone here can help with programming the extensions or hunt group I'd appreciate it.
Posted By: hitechcomm Re: Lost programming - 11/09/11 07:14 PM
Inter-tel was taken over by Mitel several years ago.
Posted By: MVSpeed Re: Lost programming - 11/09/11 08:36 PM
I'm not sure why someone advertising Inter-Tel would come tell you it's too old to work on, maybe he was just trying to sell you a new switch or hasn't been around too long. I think I have a 2.X Axxess still living.... it's a far cry from the new stuff but works fine for the customer. The biggest issue I see is figuring out what level you are at. The older stuff didn't tell you what level it was at without logging in and either connecting or giving an error telling you you were at the wrong level. I would look for anything on some paperwork or a sticker someone may have put on the CPU or cabinet.... Back in those days I usually wrote on the CPU with a sharpe the version

If you are unsuccessful getting someone to help you get your box back on line. You can look at the new Mitel 5000 HX controller it will allow you to keep the handsets you have if they are in good shape it will save you a few dollars.

If you get some info send a PM or call and I'll try to help get you back on line
Randy
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help