atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: LarsonSystems How do I disable a voicemail box? - 12/01/11 08:27 AM
Hello,

I have a user who no longer wants an active voicemail box. I'd like to set his phone up so that he can still receive calls, but if he's not there, the incoming caller would get a message saying something like "This extension does not receive voicemails", and drop them out to the main directory again or something.

We have an Inter-Tel AXXESS version 5.270 and I use DB Studio. I've tried modifying a few settings but it doesn't seem to make any difference what I do.

Thanks in advance!
Posted By: Stix1 Re: How do I disable a voicemail box? - 12/01/11 08:47 AM
You will need to create a CRA that times out to the main greeting or wherever you like. Assign a new greeting # to the Day and Night and record it. The same greeting can go in both.

Create a new System Forwarding path that goes to the new CRA you've created. Assign this forwarding path to the user in question. You will more than likely have to remove the existing forwarding path which probably goes to voicemail.
Posted By: LarsonSystems Re: How do I disable a voicemail box? - 12/12/11 04:05 PM
I have to do some more testing, but it looks like I got it!

Just to give you an idea of my DB Studio prowess, I had to look up what CRA meant (Call Routing Announcement). I don't understand more than 90% of what I see in DB Studio.

BUT, I was able to slowly piece together the different things. Thanks a lot.
Posted By: LarsonSystems Re: How do I disable a voicemail box? - 12/12/11 04:08 PM
Yep, it works great. My user is still able to receive incoming calls if he's at his desk, but no opportunity for voicemail messages.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help