atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: BaKaatz lamp issue on remote node - 01/06/12 06:41 AM
Have a couple of 5000 (5.0.4.73) systems that are networked using a common BVM at the main site. Remote node only has five phones.
We have "park stations" setup (a phantom and a CRA in a huntgroup, with calls transferred to the HG and retreived with a reverse transfer) so calls can be handled at both locations as needed.
Issue is with the lamps for the remote site - after some network issues, the lamps are on (voicemail and the parks)and won't go off. Voicemail and the parks function, you just can't tell if a park station is in use as all are lit.
Scratching our head on this one. Suggestions?
Posted By: DND ON Re: lamp issue on remote node - 01/06/12 08:48 AM
I would start with an import/export between sites.
Posted By: BaKaatz Re: lamp issue on remote node - 01/06/12 10:27 AM
Ya, that is a good suggestion - and we did that - err. I have no logical reaqson for this situation. Reset didn't do anything either.
Thanks for the suggestion.
Posted By: Stix1 Re: lamp issue on remote node - 01/06/12 11:33 AM
That's an interesting one.

On one of the hunt groups, take out the phantom and CRA and put in just an unused single line extension. If you have an available slot, you can program it as a SLM 4 or SLM 8 and use those extensions as well.

Let us know what you find and we can go from there.
Posted By: BaKaatz Re: lamp issue on remote node - 01/06/12 02:45 PM
Will try that when I get a chance. The thing that doesn't fit with it being just an issue with the parks is the darn Voicemail light.
Posted By: DND ON Re: lamp issue on remote node - 01/06/12 04:14 PM
What type of network issues? Are the all the required ports open?
Posted By: Stix1 Re: lamp issue on remote node - 01/06/12 04:19 PM
Do you have any DSS keys of extensions at the remote node? If so, do they show up with the light always on as well?
Posted By: BaKaatz Re: lamp issue on remote node - 01/09/12 05:45 AM
The customer replaced their switch at the remote node - unmanaged and just a simple swap out, but sometimes nothing is simple.
Don't have any DSS keys other than Voicemail programmed.
Will see what I can figure out this week. Thanks.
Posted By: BaKaatz Re: lamp issue on remote node - 01/09/12 06:14 AM
Just an update. And this is a little odd, but I'm thankful... Lamps out this morning and all seems to be working as it is supposed to - and other than time, nothing has changed. Err.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help