atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: PCHD Voice mailbox light - 07/27/12 11:01 AM
I have a user who has a light flashing on her phone for a message. When she presses the MSG button it asks for her passcode. However, when she enters it, it says it is the worng passcode, even though we know it is not. She did have a wrong voice mailbox associated to her extension, but that has been removed.
Posted By: Stix1 Re: Voice mailbox light - 07/27/12 11:46 AM
I would assume that there is either another mailbox still lighting her phone or the password is wrong for her specific mailbox.

When she just presses the MSG key does it give her any indication what mailbox the message is for?

You can also log into her mailbox by dialing the pilot number for voicemail directly, hitting *, enter mailbox, enter password # to double check that the password is correct.
Posted By: PCHD Re: Voice mailbox light - 07/27/12 01:47 PM
This extension has been checked. There is no other voice mailbox associated with it.

Pressing the MSG button simply sends her to the voice mailbox and asks for a passcode. No otehr information was reported as being given by the system.

That's kind of the long way around. The user would like to be able to just press the MSG button to get to her voice mails.
And yes, going into voice mail with the pilot number and * and her passcode does get her into her voice mailbox.
Posted By: Stix1 Re: Voice mailbox light - 07/27/12 02:02 PM
Originally posted by PCHD:

Pressing the MSG button simply sends her to the voice mailbox and asks for a passcode. No otehr information was reported as being given by the system.
Have you seen this for yourself or has this just been reported to you. If she stays on hook, (i.e. - does not hit speaker or pick up the handset first), and hits the MSG key it "should" give her an indication of what is notifying her message light.

Originally posted by PCHD:
That's kind of the long way around. The user would like to be able to just press the MSG button to get to her voice mails.
And yes, going into voice mail with the pilot number and * and her passcode does get her into her voice mailbox.
This was recommended purely to double check her mailbox password settings. Once she logs into her mailbox this way, she can confirm whether she has any messages or not. If she does not, then something else is definitely lighting her message light. If she does have messages, I would recommend that she clean them out to see if there is any change with the message light on her phone.
Posted By: Chris_Carlyle Re: Voice mailbox light - 07/31/12 08:34 PM
you could always look at the avdap logs in the 5000 to see which MB is lighting the MWI.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help