atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: shazza Inter-Tel or Toshiba - 05/24/04 05:18 PM
Our compnay is in the process of changing phone systems. we looked at a few vendors, and have narrowed it down to 2 : Toshiba and Inter-tel.
Price wise, yes, Toshiba is a lot cheaper. However, it seems that we get more from Intertel, including VOIP.
any ideas, suggestions, or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

p.s.
we are looking into getting 300 phones for 2 locations in Anaheim, and VOIP connection to 3 other sites in China

[This message has been edited by shazza (edited May 24, 2004).]
Posted By: groundstart Re: Inter-Tel or Toshiba - 05/24/04 05:53 PM
TOSHIBA........TOSHIBA.........TOSHIBA........TOSHIBA........TOSHIBA.........TOSHIBA........
Posted By: Test-ok Re: Inter-Tel or Toshiba - 05/24/04 09:01 PM
>>we are looking into getting 300 phones for 2 locations in Anaheim, and VOIP connection to 3 other sites in China

Then Inter-tel is the better choice. IMO
It will be a bit more costly, but a better system. [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]
Posted By: dtmf Re: Inter-Tel or Toshiba - 05/24/04 09:15 PM
All though I'm not a Inter-Tel lover I will say that it is far and above Toshiba when it comes to VOIP. No contest.
Posted By: mrb Re: Inter-Tel or Toshiba - 05/25/04 08:06 AM
I am a little biased, but if all you want is some phones and lines, Toshiba is fine. BUT, the moment you want routing applications, the moment you want VoIP phones, the moment you want VoIP networking, the moment you want advanced ACD features, that is the moment you want Inter-Tel. I am off my soap box now - sorry.
Posted By: Crabb Re: Inter-Tel or Toshiba - 05/25/04 02:06 PM
To those of you that like Toshiba -What makes their VOIP better than any other system? I don't know much about Toshiba and looking to learn something from you Toshiba guys [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]
Posted By: Test-ok Re: Inter-Tel or Toshiba - 05/25/04 02:46 PM
>>I am a little biased

Who would have thought. [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]
added:
mrb could you send me an email...I have a question for you that I don't want to post in here.
Thanks

[This message has been edited by test-ok (edited May 25, 2004).]
Posted By: phonemeister Re: Inter-Tel or Toshiba - 05/25/04 04:02 PM
Wait a minute guys. You must not be referring to the Toshiba CTX which. The CTX does have IP phones and does do VOIP including IP networking with QSIG. The ACD is now light years ahead of the DK, you can't even compare the two. What you need to do Shazza is to find a reputable Toshiba dealer to show you what you want it to do.
Posted By: groundstart Re: Inter-Tel or Toshiba - 05/25/04 05:30 PM
thank you phonemeiser.....

im glad we both see the same bout 'shiba...
Posted By: DnRComm Re: Inter-Tel or Toshiba - 05/25/04 07:59 PM
Go with Inter-Tel
Posted By: martin Re: Inter-Tel or Toshiba - 05/26/04 05:28 AM
i,m not going to get into the equipment debate. however, the entity(s) which will support the installations is probabley more important then the brand of equipment.
just my 2
m

[This message has been edited by martin (edited May 26, 2004).]
Posted By: JJ Re: Inter-Tel or Toshiba - 05/26/04 04:20 PM
I like the Intertel product for its stability. It is a rock hard system that is getting more and more attention these days. Toshiba is good, but I prefer Intertel.

Good Luck!!
Posted By: stringmachine Re: Inter-Tel or Toshiba - 05/26/04 06:32 PM
Dunno a lot about intertel, but i have seen them to be a snarl to program, and after install a lot of cost to have changes and programmed. replaced a many with Toshiba. b 4 real
Posted By: groundstart Re: Inter-Tel or Toshiba - 05/28/04 01:54 AM
WOW WE.......thats 3 'shiba lovers......we are on the move...
Posted By: BillFlippen Re: Inter-Tel or Toshiba - 06/01/04 05:21 PM
For a application that is getting that big why not go with a Tadiran? their VOIP and networking are unmatched.

Key points. Change cost. How much to add aphone ect?

How many dealers are in hte area that will support the equipment. Having a piece of equipment that no one local will service because whoever sold it is outta business does you no good.

I can't say one way or the other BUT based on the older smaller stuff I'll take a Toshiba DK over a Intertel GLX anyday [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]
Posted By: jmarc Re: Inter-Tel or Toshiba - 06/03/04 04:40 AM
Inter-Tel is a far better than the Toshiba. How long has Toshiba been offering point to point networking, IP networking, IP phones, adv call center features? Toshiba just hooked up with Taske and OAISYS. Inter-Tel has been providing high end voice solutions for years. Unified messaging, CTI, ect. rocks on the inter-tel platform. Full Duplex speakerphones. Toshiba charges a fortune for a feature that is built into the Axxess.
Posted By: shazza Re: Inter-Tel or Toshiba - 06/17/04 01:20 PM
Thanks Guys,

we signed up with InterTel.

Ill let you know how it goes

cheers
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help