atcomsystems.ca/forum
Alright so a company recently moved and I helped facilitate the move. They are using an intertel axxxess 800 series I think. Got them moved and wired the system in no problems. I can get calls to the axxess but none of the phones are getting power. I didn't change anything within the EVMC. It seems to be that the phones arent getting the power to them. I tried a couple of the phones directly into the line before anything else to see if it will at least get power from there, no dice.

The new place did have existing blocks in place, but I am using only a couple of them. Is it something simple I am missing? Do I need to reinitialize anything from the axxess? I am at a loss.
Please complete your profile

It seems like you lost programming.
I hope you backed it up before moving.
Connect to system and see whats going on.
Lets us know exact verison and we can set you in the right direction.
Ken
awesome thanks. It looked like it held everything, as the mailbox and extensions appeared from the box. I do have a couple of floppies with a copy of the original DB. That being said I am relatively new to Inter Tel systems. Is there a specific cmd I could run to perform a test? Been difficult for me to find proper manuals.

Thanks again.
What pair are you terminating the circuits to on the jack side? Inter-tel uses pins 3 and 6 and is polarity sensitive.
The majority were already in place. I will look at them. I don't see a model number just access.
The couple of jacks I've looked at has 2-5 terminated. 2 is o/w 3 is blue 4 blue/w 5 orange
Originally Posted by Stix1
What pair are you terminating the circuits to on the jack side?

You will need to cross connect the circuits to the orange pair in the example you gave and make sure the polarity is correct.
That did the trick. I was on b/w b. thanks so much I'll just have to pay more attn to the hacks
So it isn't working for every connection. Out of 5 that I've tried only 2 have worked and they are all terminated the same except one. Which has all 3 pairs terminated in the jack. Any thoughts?
I would first try rolling the pair as they are polarity sensitive. If that does not work, verify that you have continuity on the right pair in the jack.

Hint: If you put a banjo or ModApt in the jack, verify that pins 3 and 6 have a light on it with your toner. Putting the red lead on 3 and the black lead on 6 should yield a green light if it is correct.
Well one worked when I rolled the cable. Another I'm pretty the line is dead from jack to block. It looks like another is using the same cable for two lines and I got one line up but not the other. The second of those two seem to be using the brown and green pairs the same as the blue and orange
Thanks again for your help. I did get everything operational. the place they had moved into had over 150 extensions and they needed 8. So there were a lot of extra cabling in the closet.

© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help