atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: pancakescraper Unified Messaging Issues - 07/28/04 11:41 AM
I have been working on installing UM 2.12 on the computers in the office for faxing and have run into a couple snags along the way.

On some computers, Unified Messaging installs correctly but when I run outlook for the first time the webpage readme file does not open, there is no button for Faxing on the menu bar in outlook, and "Unified Messaging Options" is missing from the Tools listing in outlook. There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the computer otherwise. Anyone have any ideas?

Also, is it possible to create entirely custom coverpages in UM? We need a specific fax coverpage in our office, and the ones provided just don't hack it. Is there any software available to create custom coverpages?

We really want to get this software working, but its been quite a pain so far. Thanks for any assistance anyone can provide!
Posted By: mrb Re: Unified Messaging Issues - 07/29/04 07:24 AM
UM can be a little quirky to install. The biggest gotcha is always virus protection. You need to turn that off first then load the UM client. Try that.
Secondly, there is no way to totally customize the cover page. There is a very basic editor that will allow you to add your company logo, that is about it. It is an executable so email me if you want it. What you could do is import the cover page you want into your Fax Library, then choose no cover page and use the Fax library doc as the cover page.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help