atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: edog Problem with using an IP+ Phone offsite - 09/29/04 03:37 PM
We have an IP+ phone that works great on the Local network. When we take it offsite, we can't seem to get it to work. The firewall ports are set up correctly, and I have tested connectivity through the firewall with success. Here is what the phone is doing:

I plug in the phone to the remote network, it comes up, grabs an IP address through DHCP, tries to find an IPC card on the local network and can't, then says "No Remote IPC card programmed".

I reset the phone while holding 7 and 8, and get into database programming, program the IP address of the remote IPC card, then save my changes.

The phone then comes up, gets an IP address from DHCP, checks for an IPC card on the local network, then resets itself! When it retsets itself, any programming changes I have made are lost, and it uses the default database again.

I have tried this from multiple offsite locations, and get the same results. For some reason, the phone doesn't want to "hold" the IP address of the IPC card.

Any ideas?
Posted By: mrb Re: Problem with using an IP+ Phone offsite - 09/30/04 09:40 AM
It sounds like they need to disable Overwrite Device Local Settings on the circuit on the IPC/IPRC. Then the Endpoint will retain the manual settings. Also, make sure you have the latest firmware on the IP card you are using.
Posted By: edog Re: Problem with using an IP+ Phone offsite - 09/30/04 10:50 AM
That fixed the problem. It works like a charm.

I can't believe how clear these Inter-tel IP phones are. I was working on a 3Com IP Phone system the other day, and it wasn't nearly as clear.
Posted By: mrb Re: Problem with using an IP+ Phone offsite - 09/30/04 11:17 AM
that is what happens when you deal with a voice company that dabbles in data compared with a data company that dabbles in voice. ;-) I'm glad it worked out for you. Let me know if I can help further.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help