atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: gogotele New system, Used - 10/06/04 11:50 PM
I'm thinking about buy a premair system from inter-tel used, but I wanted to know the pros and the cons, if anyone could help me how a bit, thanks.
Posted By: paul144 Re: New system, Used - 10/07/04 11:19 AM
The Premier systems are really quite out of date. They are analog as opposed to digital. They require 3-pair cabling and line cords. They can be difficult to program. It requires extra hardware to add on a voice mail (Tip/Ring cards). It is not caller ID capable.
On the plus side, the telephones themselves are workhorses and are built to last.
The other plus, which is why you are looking at it, I assume, is that there are a lot of used or refurbished parts out there for a very low cost.
Also, one really annoying thing is that all of the phones were made to use one of two different handsets (electret (E1) or dynamic). If the original housing has been changed, or if the stickers on the bottom of the phone are missing, it is impossible to tell which phone requires which handset without simply trying both types of handset.

[This message has been edited by paul144 (edited October 07, 2004).]
Posted By: groundstart Re: New system, Used - 10/07/04 05:03 PM
If you do buy the Premier System, make sure you have plenty of VALIUM & PERCOCET when you are installing and programming it.........

STAY AWAY FROM THIS PIECE OF CRAP.......
Posted By: JWRacedog Re: New system, Used - 10/07/04 05:20 PM
Don't do it.
Posted By: dtmf Re: New system, Used - 10/07/04 05:36 PM
And plenty of fuses!

------------------
www.tel-programmer.com a trusted source for years
Posted By: paul144 Re: New system, Used - 10/08/04 07:01 AM
I forgot about the fuse issue. Isn't one of the 3 pairs reversed? If I remember right, reverse the wrong pair and blow the fuse. Replace the fuse, try again....
Probably a good idea to stay away from it...

------------------
Intertel Telephone Repair
Refurbished Equipment
Posted By: dtmf Re: New system, Used - 10/11/04 07:34 PM
Yea the first pair is swapped.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help