atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Tony C_Jax InterTel-Access "SYSTEM LOCKOUT" - 09/14/12 08:03 PM
I eceintly picked up maintaining an Inter_Acess System. And, I have added a second building of phones to system and getting a "SYSTEM LOCK" when I try to run all the phones. Is this a license issue?

Appreciate any help,
Posted By: Stix1 Re: InterTel-Access "SYSTEM LOCKOUT" - 09/15/12 02:31 PM
Are you running digital or IP phones in the second building? I've never seen "SYSTEM LOCK" personally. Is that the exact error message your are getting and if so, where are you seeing it at?
Posted By: DND ON Re: InterTel-Access "SYSTEM LOCKOUT" - 09/17/12 08:10 PM
“SYSTEM LOCK” doesn’t appear in the diagnostics manual.

What is the error code shown in the CP error log?
Posted By: Tony C_Jax Re: InterTel-Access "SYSTEM LOCKOUT" - 09/18/12 09:40 PM
It's "SYSTEM LOCKOUT", found in manual that it occurs when excessive data errors occur on a corresponding keyset card, it will lockout the phone. I have finally found where the error messages are reported and why I was unaware of them.
Posted By: Tony C_Jax Re: InterTel-Access "SYSTEM LOCKOUT" - 09/18/12 09:46 PM
Typo on my post message, it's "SYSTEM LOCKOUT" AND it's related to error 100, found on page 7-4 of version 8.0 manual.
Posted By: DND ON Re: InterTel-Access "SYSTEM LOCKOUT" - 09/18/12 10:06 PM
Okay, that makes sense. The manual has changed for newer versions.

The lockout condition is caused by excessive data errors on the keyset(s). It can be caused by a defective phone, cable issues or the keyset card itself.

How many keyset ports are locked out? If it’s more than one, I’d start by swapping with a known good keyset card and test. If the phones don’t come up, start looking at cabling issues.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help