atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: blackduke IP phones off site 8660 - 11/04/04 04:18 PM
Guys I am wondering if you can help we have been using the Axxess system for a while now and have been using off site phones with no problems. Until we added a NEW!!! 8.2 IPC card we then added a end point with the lastest firm ware, the phone connects to the card however there is no voice I can get a dial tone. where as the same phone with a older firm ware connecting to a older type IPRC card works fine.

I can get the new one working, by opening ports and doing some nat and pat on the off site router but that way it needs a public IP address for any phone I want to use behind the fire wall (remote) this is not good, and the way i feel right now I want to go back to the old version as it worked nicely. Has anyone had the same probs or has a solution

I have spoke to inter-tel in the uk and the responce I get back is...it does work !!! hmmm not from where I am sitting

PLEASE PLEASE if anyone has any advise I would be happy to listen [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

many thanks

Robbie
Posted By: mrb Re: IP phones off site 8660 - 11/05/04 06:24 AM
You have found that proverbial slippery slope. Here's the deal. If you upgrade the IPRC to 8.x firmware there are benefits: more ports, more endpoint choices, eventually networking & endpoints on the same card. BUT, you saw it coming, there is a drawback: the card cannot sit behind a firewall or use NAT. It must be placed in a DMZ off of your router. The reason is how we now signal to the card. So, if you are only using 8660's, not the new 8662's, et al. then you can downgrade the card to 1.5, slap on the old PAL and it will work the way it did previously. The no audio you are dealing with is a classic firewall issue. Cheers.
Posted By: blackduke Re: IP phones off site 8660 - 11/05/04 08:47 AM
Now this is the strange thing, thanks for the reply, I have the IPC card natted behind a router and I also have the end point behind a router I can get it all to work but it requires modifications to the end points router not the switch side firewall.

if i put the switxh side in a DMZ ect i don't think it would make a diference as i would still need to create access list and nat/pat enteries on the end point firewall/router.
Posted By: blackduke Re: IP phones off site 8660 - 11/05/04 08:49 AM
what is the old PAL lol
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help