atcomsystems.ca/forum
Hi - I've searched the forum and can't seem to find and issue like this... hoping someone here can help.

Here's the situation:

We are moving some users from an Inter-tel Axxexx v11 system to a new phone system. We want to temporarily forward their DIDs to the new system. I was able to accomplish this by setting up a phantom device that is configured to forward to an external DID. The forwarding works fine, however, the caller ID information is not passed along with the forward. We see the main BTN instead of the original callers CID information.

I was able to congifure this the same way on an Inter-tel Axxess v10 system and all is working properly but the CID info is not being passed along on the v11 system. Any thoughts on how to make this work?

Many thanks to anyone who can solve this mystery.

Change 'Propagate Original Caller ID' to Yes on the trunk group. Let us know if it works or not.
Thanks for the reply. I have 'Propagate Original Caller ID' set to Yes on all trunk groups and it still does seem to be working. Any other thoughts?
Propagate Original Caller ID only works with ISDN, and only if supported by the carrier.

Someone posted on here a while ago about using Echo Trunk Number to accomplish this, but that doesn’t sound correct.
You also need to enable that flag under Station-Related Info\Propagate Original Caller ID.
Thanks all for helping get to the bottom of this. It turns out that Verizon was masking our caller ID. Once they turned that off caller ID is being passed properly on the external forward.

Next question... If I dial an extension that is set to forward to an external number, is there anyway to pass station ID information?
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help