atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: pattyinny ACD as secondary extension - 02/17/05 06:14 AM
You have all been so helpful here that I hope you don't mind me posting another question. I'm getting training in April, but until that happens...

Is there a way to add an ACD extension as a secondary extension on another phone? I tried doing this, but it only acts as a DSS, I can't answer an inbound call and if I press the key, it dials the extension. The reason I am looking to do this is because we have staff members that need to cover the ACD queue on off hours, but not all day and I don't want them to have to sit in front of the ACD phones (and away from their work area) to accomplish this.

TIA.

- Patty

------------------
Posted By: mrb Re: ACD as secondary extension - 02/17/05 11:07 AM
this would be nice but it is not possible. you could set up a Station Speed Dial that uses the Reverse Transfer Feature to that Hunt Group.
Posted By: Andrea Ruane Re: ACD as secondary extension - 02/17/05 12:03 PM
Patty -

Why not make these individuals ACD members with Agent Logins and put a login key on their phone. The only time a call will ring into those stations is if the user logs into the ACD group.

------------------
Posted By: kota Re: ACD as secondary extension - 02/17/05 12:11 PM
You may have already considered this but... you could use Agent ID's instead of members in the hunt group set up. All agents would need to login when they want to take calls and logout when they don't. This would allow them to log in on different phones also rather than require them to be at an phone extension that is a 'member' of the hunt group.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help