atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: pattyinny voicemail boxes - removing association? - 03/01/05 07:01 AM
Does anyone know if there is a way to "deassociate" a mailbox from an extension? I am in a bind right now. I have 13 users that are moving to a temporary, remote location tomorrow. I need to change their extensions to phantom extensions and then forward their lines to a pots number at the temporary location. I can't keep their extensions as they are currently programmed, because I am running out of available ports and need to reuse the ports that they are vacating. I want to be able to preserve their mailboxes however, so that they can be used again once they relocate back to the main head quarters.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

TIA
Posted By: BaKaatz Re: voicemail boxes - removing association? - 03/07/05 06:40 AM
If we need to keep the mailbox but not the extension, we un-equip the port (system/cab). The VM will keep the mailbox. You can then re-equip the port and assign a different extension number. If you want to use the same extension number, you need to change the number of the mailbox before you re-equip the port. Good luck.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help