atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Adam Swapping extensions - 03/01/05 01:50 PM
Another case of a phone system falling into the lap of someone COMPLETELY untrained.... I'm trying to swap extensions without having to change circuits in the phone room using the punchdown tool (as described in a previous post). Is this possible, using DB Studio running Program/System Version 8.002?

Thanks to any who can help.
Posted By: DnRComm Re: Swapping extensions - 03/01/05 06:44 PM
WOW This reminds me of the time I was waiting at the auto repair shop. The guy in front of me had the same problem I did, and was asking if he would be able to fix it himself. The description of work was well within his reach to do, and he left happy. I stepped up and asked the repair man when he would be able to fix my vehicle. Call your tech out to do this for you!

------------------
Voice and Data Cabling in DFW, [email protected]
https://www.dnrcomm.com
Posted By: Young'un Re: Swapping extensions - 03/02/05 10:43 AM
yeah.. there is an admin feature called swap extension. this is done from the administrators phone. 9932 and the admin password should get you into the admin area, then press 2 for swap extension. enter the two extension numbers in and it should make one the other and vice versa.

------------------
When I was 8 yrs old my parents had me making CX and PX Cables by hand. Phones are in my blood.
Posted By: Adam Re: Swapping extensions - 03/02/05 10:52 AM
Thank you, thank you. I'll give that a try and hopefully we'll be in business.
Posted By: coolrider88 Re: Swapping extensions - 03/23/05 11:22 AM
Yes you can at the DBStudio or versions 8.0 and up you can do the swap on the phones.
Posted By: ThePostMan Re: Swapping extensions - 02/22/10 11:47 AM
DnRComm:

This was a simple procedure for someone that was in need of help...

Why do you post nonsense instead of attempting to help?
Posted By: DnRComm Re: Swapping extensions - 02/26/10 08:39 PM
Why do you join, then search back 5 years to find something to complain about?
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help