atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: stillmc Polycom Soundstation - 03/03/05 05:39 AM
Does anyone know how to place a conference call using a Polycom Soundstation on Inter-Tel Axxess system? I've tried dialing one party, pressing flash, and it puts the 1st party on hold and gives me a new dialtone. I dial the second party, but when I press flash again it drops the 2nd party. TIA
Posted By: mrb Re: Polycom Soundstation - 03/03/05 07:07 AM
single line devices are a little tricky. without having one in front of me try: hookflash - Conference Feature Code - Number you want to conference in - hookflash - Conference Feature Code - hookflash - Conference Feature Code. Like I said, I would test first but I think that is right. By default, the Conference Feature Code is 4 unless it has been changed.
Posted By: Andrea Ruane Re: Polycom Soundstation - 03/04/05 10:57 AM
Default feature code for Conference is 5, not 4 (reverse transfer). The instructions provided are good - although you may want to bump out your hold timer, or flag the alternate hold timer for the Polycom extension. Otherwise you may find your first and second parties recalling to the receptionist.
Posted By: mrb Re: Polycom Soundstation - 03/04/05 02:21 PM
That was very embarrassing! thanks for the pick-up. Better go into the corner and feel shame.
Posted By: DnRComm Re: Polycom Soundstation - 03/04/05 08:55 PM
LOL If I knew half of what you have forgotten about Inter-Tel equipment, I would be an expert at it.

------------------
Voice and Data Cabling in DFW, [email protected]
https://www.dnrcomm.com
Posted By: ckt Re: Polycom Soundstation - 06/06/07 05:09 PM
Hello,

I am experiencing the same issue as stillmc. and am unable to get mrb's instructions to work, perhaps the instructions don't apply to my case.

My Polycom device is connected to a port on an SLC-16, and here is the call sequence on my Polycom device:

1. Pressed "on/off" key
2. Pressed '8' for an outside line.
3. Dialed number of first party.
4. Pressed flash once to place party on hold.
5. Pressed '8' for an outside line.
6. Dialed number of second party.
7. At this point, pressing flash would have dropped the second party.

Trying the above sequence with a standard analog phone yielded the same result. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Posted By: bullcube Re: Polycom Soundstation - 06/07/07 12:02 AM
The conferance feature code is 5 by default, so it would be flash, 5, then 8 and then the next number and repeat for each party you want to add and then flash, 5, flash, 5 after the last one is added.
Posted By: ckt Re: Polycom Soundstation - 06/12/07 10:33 AM
Thank you bullcube & mrb. Your instructions worked; I just failed to follow them the first time.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help