atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Perry1977 GLX 12 Station Pinout - 04/15/05 05:41 PM
Installing a customer-deinstalled system, so I never got to check the pinouts of the phones before they were undone. I hooked it up as a simple two pair system, but I notice the cords are all 6-pinners. Phones don't come up at all. Ran out of time tonight but I am hoping to go back in the morning. I just want to make sure the thing works so I know the guy isn't trying to pull a fast one on me and say the system was working before I touched it, etc etc! Help will be appreciated!

Tag on system says GLX-12 GLX-PLUS
Part Number 612.1000

Thanks!!

Ryan
[email protected]

------------------
What could go wrong?
Posted By: dtmf Re: GLX 12 Station Pinout - 04/15/05 06:03 PM
They are 2 pair with the (2nd pair being swapped) and they go right down the 66 block from 10-21, you may have blown fuses, you will find them on the bottom right corner on the main board, take off the cover and you will see them, there are 3 fuses each fuse runs 4 phones so if the first fuse is blown station 10-13 will be dead and so on. They come with 3 pr line cord because you could use the 3rd pair for a data (analog) line if I remember right.

the main control PCB has 3 lines and 8 stations, you can add the expansion PCB for the last 3 lines and 4 stations or you could add a APM for 3 lines 2 stations and 2 SL stations.

Actually for it's day it was a great system for small companies

Hope this helps

If you need any futher help on this you should fill out your profile.

[This message has been edited by dtmf (edited April 15, 2005).]
Posted By: Perry1977 Re: GLX 12 Station Pinout - 04/15/05 07:41 PM
Thanks dude, that should do it. By second pair swapped, you mean polarity and that's it right? I listened and got the data tick on the second pair, so I think that rules out a blown fuse. I am sure that I had the second pair polarity straight up tho. Will the phone do nothing if the second pair is reversed?

Thanks a lot for the quick reply, these are pretty cool boards. I hope you don't do this for fun! [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

------------------
What could go wrong?
Posted By: dtmf Re: GLX 12 Station Pinout - 04/15/05 08:22 PM
Yes you need to swap the second pr. Also it may have a dead batt being as old as it is so don't be surprised if it's at default settings after the move.
Posted By: Perry1977 Re: GLX 12 Station Pinout - 04/15/05 08:30 PM
Thanks again dtmf!!
Posted By: agonza07 Re: GLX 12 Station Pinout - 11/16/07 07:11 PM
Just so I can get this straight, from what I understand the wiring needs to be:

KSU (66 Block) -
Station 1:
W/Blue
Blue/W
W/Orange
Orange/W

Phone -
4-Pin modular plug (left to right)
pin 1 - Orange/W
pin 2 - W/Blue
pin 3 - Blue/W
pin 4 - W/Orange

Is this correct?
Posted By: RCA Re: GLX 12 Station Pinout - 11/17/07 04:02 PM
agonza07
A telephone line cord is reversing. On one side you should have, from left to right, WO/BW/WB/OW. The other end of that cord should be opposite, OW/WB/BW/WO. You have the KSU block correct, but when you cross connect from the KSU block to the station cable, reverse the orange pair.
Posted By: agonza07 Re: GLX 12 Station Pinout - 11/19/07 07:34 AM
Thanks RCA. It took me a while but finally got it figured out. For my future reference, and maybe this will help someone else, I'd just like to post the following:

66 Block from KSU:
Station 1:
White/Blue
Blue/White
White/Orange
Orange/White

To Station Jack:
(Use 568-A, reverse orange pair)
If 4 Pair Jack:
Pin 3 - Orange/White
Pin 4 - Blue/White
Pin 5 - White/Blue