atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: troy Make another ext ring when another is busy - 04/18/05 11:31 AM
Axxess 5.2F

I have a request to make another ext(B) ring when the original dest ext(A). is on a call.

There is a hunt group setup with only ext A as a member. Can I go into that Hunt Group and set Ext B as the recall destination.

So when outside calls come in on that number (ext A), and A is on the line, it will recall to B.

Will this work or is there a better way?
Thx, I hope my ? wasn't confusing.
Posted By: kota Re: Make another ext ring when another is busy - 04/18/05 01:29 PM
You can put extension b in the same hunt group and set the hunt group to Linear Distribution. It will ring the extensions in the order they are listed.
Is best to set up a forwarding path, for when ext A is busy to forward to ext B. Now in this case if ext B does not pick up, then it will go into ext B voice mail.

------------------
Voice and Data Cabling in DFW, [email protected]
[URL=https://www.dnrcomm.com/]
Posted By: troy Re: Make another ext ring when another is busy - 04/19/05 05:05 AM
Thanks for the replies. I actually thought about the forwarding path yesterday and then came to the same conclusion - it would go into ext B Voicemail. This will not work, they would want it to bounce back to ext A then.

Thanks Again
You could include the 2 stations in an extention list, have the hunt group use the list as the members, then the recall could go to a call routing announcement that times out to the correct voicemail.
or you can overflow it to ext a. just a thought
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help