atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: DnRComm Reverse Transfer - 04/26/05 07:51 AM
Having a problem on an Axxess 5.1-19, have a co line (LSC) ringing to an extension as a private line (CEO). Others that can hear his phone ring can do reverse transfer to pick up his call when he is not in his office. Is there anyway to stop this from happening on just his extension, or on just this 1 co line? It of course is not a private incoming line if others can pick up the call. Would hate to lose this customer to another telephone system because of this problem.

------------------
Voice and Data Cabling in DFW, [email protected]
DnR Communications
Posted By: mrb Re: Reverse Transfer - 04/26/05 08:10 AM
there is no way to disable a feature. the only cheesy option I have for you is to change the Feature Code. This is fine unless the other folks can use an unassigned key and reprogram it as Reverse Transfer key.
Posted By: DnRComm Re: Reverse Transfer - 04/26/05 08:28 AM
Thanks Mrb
But that will not work as others use the feature as it was intended. I was hoping that I could do something like ring it to a phantom extension that was forwarded to his, but his would still ring, and could be heard and the reverse transfered. What if I sent the call to a Hunt Group? Would the person have to reverse transfer the HG or still reverse transfer the extension? If it was the HG the person would not know the HG pilot number and would not be able to reverse transfer, but not sure it will work that way or not?

------------------
DnR Communications
Posted By: bullcube Re: Reverse Transfer - 04/27/05 10:15 PM
I think the best option for your customer is to either use the DND feature so calls go directly to Voicemail when he is out or foward it to an outside line when he leaves the office (or turning the speaker all the way down...)
Posted By: Doug@Aable Re: Reverse Transfer - 04/28/05 01:03 PM
Place that one CO into it's own co trunk group. Under the trunk group programming make sure only his extension has outgoing and answer access to that Trunk group. Not sure if reverse transfer overides that or not.
Posted By: DnRComm Re: Reverse Transfer - 04/28/05 06:29 PM
Yes, it does.

------------------
DnR Communications
Posted By: mrb Re: Reverse Transfer - 04/29/05 09:29 AM
You will have to test this but..what if you ring the line into a single line port with an unplugged device. Place a secondary Ext key of that single line ext on the boss' desk. When the single line is called, the boss hits his 2ndary ext key and answers the call. I do not believe you can reverse transfer a call ringing on a secondary ext key. So as long as the staff does not know the single line ext, he should be good. Like I said, test it but it just may work.
Posted By: DnRComm Re: Reverse Transfer - 04/29/05 10:42 AM
Thank you sir, that should work, I will check it out and let you know if it does. Thanks

------------------
DnR Communications
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help