atcomsystems.ca/forum
I'm trying to resolve an issue with an analog line programmed on an Inter-Tel AXXESS v. 5.346 system. I'm not a phone guy, so bear with my poor use of terminology...

We have a digital phone system with an analog SLC16 card in use. We have two analog lines programmed. One is our fax and one is just a backup line for a modem. The fax line works great... it was programmed so that no one has to dial 8 to get out. The other line is programemd differently. We do have to dial 8 and we also have to hit the off-hook button to connect. I can't seem to find any differences between the two extensions these analog lines are programmed under (using Session Manager v.2.11). I must be missing something here. What should I be looking for to resolve the "off hook" nonsense and the dial 8 to get out, since we don't want that on this analog line. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Sounds like it may be set up as a House Phone with the dial destination being ARS. That would be under the Station being programmed.
Thanks. Your response resolved the off-hook problem, but where is the option to not have to Dial 8 to get an outside line? I set the extension not be a house phone and turned off Camp on to ARS. But, still have to dial 8.

Any ideas?

Thanks...
there is a field call House Phone Day/Night. you click in the blank area and put in the number 8 which is Outgoing Access or ARS. This means that when you go off-hook it will automatically grab a CO line. Let me know if I have missed the mark.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help