atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Randy Mesec 911 calls - 05/19/05 10:11 PM
In my area we have a cell prefix of 891. If you dial 891-1111 the system will call 911. That is assumming the caller dials "8" for an outside line. If they use the outgoing button "ARS" takes over you go out on 9200 and then the call will go out as it should. Please read the following job notes that I have kept while trouble shooting. See if any of you have seen anything like this and have any suggestions! It is rather lenghty.
5/04/05
Received work order from:

5/06/05
1. Reviewed Work order with xxxxx manger. While discussing the “911” issues, a few other things came up that needed to be resolved.
2. Reset Vmail box passwords for ext 7105, 7115 & 7178. These people are out if the office and have 10 to 20 messages sitting in their mail boxes, xxx wanted to retrieve them.
3. Installed a patch cable in jack 1-26 in Brenda’s office on the first floor for a back up network connection.

5/06/05 (911 issues)
1. 911 dispatch says the calls are coming from 884-xxxx & 885-xxxx. 884-xxxx is a stand alone fax with a dedicated line. 885-xxxx is the BTN for the xxxxx office.
2. 884-xxxx is the first floor fax and is a dedicated line, when you go off hook you get straight dial tone, unless someone is plugging a test set or telephone into the fax machine there is no indication that this device dialed the 911 call.
3. 885-xxxx is a trunk in the telephone system and it is possible the caller is accessing this trunk for outgoing and dialing 911.
4. Changed outgoing access feature “dial 8” to 302 so that no one could accidentally dial “8, 911 when attempting to all a local cell phone such as 891-1111.
5. Verified all extensions where using ARS 9200 in the associated extension list.
6. Set up administrator stations at the xxxxxx manger and xxxxxx manger's extensions so the system would notify them of any 911 calls being placed by an extension of the phone system.
7. Met with the 911 dispatch office to let them know I was working on a solution and would get back to them.

***NO 911 CALLS PLACED BETWEEN 5/07 AND 5/16 THEN THEY START AGAIN!*******

5/17/05
1. At 9:32PM the 911 dispatch office called me directly and said they received (5) calls starting at 6:12am and ending at 9:30PM. The first call of the day and the last one that came in at 9:30PM where at a time when no one was in the bank!

5/18/05
1. At no time did any of the calls placed to 911 on 5/17/05 notify either admin station.
2. I placed (2) test calls to “911”.
3. The system immediately notified both admin stations!
4. Set up “error log” reports on the phone system and traced all calls back 15 days or what ever was stored in the buffer when I did a freeze. No 911 calls were placed from any device on the telephone system.Ilooked for any INF. A011 alarms.
5. Walked through entire building locating all fax & modems to try and identify another device that may be placing the calls.
6. Located (5) fax machines.
7. Work with xxxxx (fax tech) to pull all the call reports for the last week, all system speed dial reports and all one touch button programming off of each of the (5) fax machines. None of them made the calls!
8. Printed all the reports and I have them on file at my office.
9. Inter-Tel, xxxxxx has reviewed the programming data base and has seen no obvious issues there.
10. Reviewed progress with xxx (xxxxxx manager). On his recommendation I am closing this work order out until we come up with a new plan of action.
11. The 911 dispatch office was notified of our progress and they will contact my office directly each time a 911 call is received from xxxxxx Street with the time received and the trunk number it came in on.
5/19/05
1. No “911” calls placed on 5/18/05 or 5/19/05 as of 9:30PM (5/19/05.

It is almost like there is a sleeper on the line, a virus in the system or someone playing games with us! It is very difficult for me to walk away from this because I know we have not resolved the issue
Posted By: DnRComm Re: 911 calls - 05/20/05 06:51 PM
1. 911 dispatch says the calls are coming from 884-xxxx & 885-xxxx. 884-xxxx is a stand alone fax with a dedicated line. 885-xxxx is the BTN for the xxxxx office.
2. 884-xxxx is the first floor fax and is a dedicated line, when you go off hook you get straight dial tone, unless someone is plugging a test set or telephone into the fax machine there is no indication that this device dialed the 911 call.

Well on 5-17-05 none of the 911 calls came from the switch, that would include Digital or analog. You did state that the fax number was a 1FB so since that does not go into the telephone system, this should be the easiest to troubleshoot. Could this line be used by an alarm system in the Bank? Is the bank in a stand alone building or are there other tenets that could be using this line for say a dial up modem for outgoing, or for there alarm system for another suite in the building?
To your main problem of the 911 calls that are being made from the switch. Does the switch use a T1? If not do all CO lines show the same outbound caller ID number? Asking these questions because the main BTN is normally just the main telephone number of the business (i.e. 884-1200) and then each following number in the Rotary group would have its own number (i.e. 884-1201, 1211, 4552). The 911 dispatcher should be able to tell you what number the call came from. Also not sure if this may be happening on the same day of the week (i.e. every Tuesday), if it is you may need to check for a mailbox that someone has set up to call out once a week to 911. Most likely an employee that is no longer working for the bank, or just someone that thought he would play around with the remote notification of a mailbox.

Hope these items will help some.
Please keep us posted as to what you find out.

------------------
Voice and Data Cabling in DFW, [email protected]
DnR Communications
Posted By: Telephonyman Re: 911 calls - 05/21/05 06:03 AM
Just a thought, I had the same problem a few years back and it turned out to be UPS. They had previously had a modem for their UPS shipping dept. the prior phone system didn't dial out staright, it had to dial 9. We made our analog ports "house phones" and the UPS software was programmed to dial 91 + an 1 800 number. It took us awhile to find out only because of shipping trying to force it to call during the day, as well as the program set up to dial in the evening.
Posted By: junkman Re: 911 calls - 05/24/05 06:05 AM
Another option, you said some calls were reported when nobody was in the bank? If the calls are still happening, be at the bank when they close and pull the bridge clips from the lines, and replace them when they open. If calls are made then, tell your provider there's a line crossed somewhere. I've ran into 2 numbers, at different locations, being crossed together and when one gets called they both ring.
Posted By: Randy Mesec Re: 911 calls - 06/17/05 12:50 PM
06/17/2005 About 3 weeks ago I set SMDR to print to a file on another PC and set up my DIGI GRABBER and monitored the analog lines (while on site. Go immaging this>>> As soon as I started monitoring the system all 911 calls stopped!!!! Don't know what to say. I ner did figure out what was cuasing it.!!!

Randy
Posted By: Skip P Re: 911 calls - 04/25/06 11:05 AM
We had a similar problem, the users Agent ID was 9111, she forgot to hit the feature code a few times, ... for a few days. 9-1-1 was less than pleased.

thanks to call center suite issue was resolved quickly. Here agent ID has been changed.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help