atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: SeaTec holiday message and voicemail - 02/19/13 06:44 PM
I have an issue where we need to set up an a hoc holiday message sometimes. We record a message in an open slot and use that as out greeting. SLight issue with that though. We also put the system into night ring mode and then the recorded message on the day ring wont play.

I guess what I am saying is how do you guys handle a situation where lets say the next Monday is a holiday and you want to let your customer know when they call in that day and tell them to leave a message. DO you not put the system in night mode the previous Friday and just let that message play?

Thanks for reading.

Anthony
Posted By: SeaTec Re: holiday message and voicemail - 02/19/13 07:09 PM
I can't be the only one that has holidays for their company
Posted By: DND ON Re: holiday message and voicemail - 02/19/13 11:00 PM
STAR - Scheduled Time-Based Application Routing

Open DB programming, press F1 for help and do a search for STAR.
Posted By: dfleschute Re: holiday message and voicemail - 03/14/13 08:04 PM
Use of a STAR eliminates the need to place a system in Night mode. Create different CRAs (Call Routing Announcements) for different times of day (Open and Closed) and Holidays (typically identical to Closed but with a different greeting).
Posted By: SeaTec Re: holiday message and voicemail - 07/09/13 01:35 PM
I have a star and it is set to be in night mode between 5pm and 8 am. however. if I take the system out of night mode during that time the caller goes into the day time message application? Does this have to do with the auto attendant or that my star only having a (position 20) entry for what to do during 8am and 5pm? hope this makes sense
Posted By: SeaTec Re: holiday message and voicemail - 09/25/13 02:04 PM
I have the star working now but am a little confused about which days to pick for my day and night entries.

I have tow entries (19 and 20) in my star table.
19 is the night application that ranges from 17:00 to 8:00 and have it set for all week days.

application 20 is ranges from 8:00 till 17:00 and have it set for Mon-FRI.

is this the correct way to configure the day night mode via star?

thank you
Posted By: DND ON Re: holiday message and voicemail - 09/25/13 03:44 PM
Create a day entry for Monday through Friday 0800 to 1700. The default application should be where calls go at all other times (your night application).
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help