atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Deeds Help with auto attendant - 04/01/13 08:22 PM
I posted this in another post but was not sure how to delete the old one now that I know exactly what I need.... Sigh....

I believe my thoughts are on the right track. If I want to have callers hear (for example) press 1 for Joe, press 2 for Bob, etc... is that setting up the auto attendant?

What steps are involved to make that work so when the caller presses 1, it will go to Joe's extension?

From my notes I think I need to create an audiotex recording, hunt group, CRA, .... but am not sure in what order these things take place.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. :-)
Posted By: SeaTec Re: Help with auto attendant - 04/03/13 03:33 PM
I believe you do that in the digit translation area on the application section.

For instance. I have an application called 2502 in my voice processor/Devices/applications section in dbstudio.
under the 2502 application I have 3 entries. digit transaltion, Day greeting and night greeting. in the digit transalation section I have entries randing from #,* 0 thru 9 and Timeout. If you want 1 to go to to an extension than simple edit 1 to read action: transfer to extension and Transfer destination: target extension.

Look up the procedure to record a voice recording and assign it to a slot. then go back to the day greeting of the application and select that slot number for your greeting.

Hope this helps a little.

I am sure somebody can chime in and make it even clearer.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help