atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: cthulhu4242 receiving voice mail as wav files - 09/06/05 04:26 PM
Surely I'm doing something wrong. From what I've seen, it seems that I should be able to receive voice messages in my email inbox as wav files (not all users use Outlook, so we don't want to use Unified Messaging for everyone).

In the mailboxes configuration for my mailbox, I selected "Forward and Copy" and entered my valid email address under Fax/Email Forwarding. I receive no notifications (though if I set it up for Unified Messaging, that works for Outlook).

We're using DB Studio 1.51 and InterTel 9.002.

Am I missing a step?

Thanks.
Posted By: MacGyver Re: receiving voice mail as wav files - 09/07/05 08:56 AM
I fought that one for days. In my case it turned out to be two settings in the machines registries that had to be changed. Bring up Advapmon and watch it after leaving a message in your box and see if it shows the file being written to a .wav, then sending email. If everything else is set right it will go that far and then say "Unable to send." I assume you've turned on the Premium Feature and double checked your Gateway Settings.

------------------
[Linked Image from tracecarpenter.com] There are only 10 kinds of people in the world; those who understand binary & those who don't.
Posted By: cthulhu4242 Re: receiving voice mail as wav files - 09/14/05 03:45 PM
Thank you! Your pointing me to the monitoring tool and a bit more messing around with it did the trick. It's working now.
Posted By: MacGyver Re: receiving voice mail as wav files - 09/15/05 02:19 PM
Glad I could help. I know how frustrating that issue can be when you can't figure out if the problem is in the cabinet or at the mail server :>)

------------------
[Linked Image from tracecarpenter.com] There are only 10 kinds of people in the world; those who understand binary & those who don't.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help