atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Snicker Voicemail to wav? - 10/03/05 06:42 PM
I was recently dumped into being admin on an Inter-Tel Axxess system (which is a really nice system, I'm finding), and the previous admin apparently told the company execs that voicemails could be saved as .wav files. Now we're in a position where we've received a few threatening phone calls (don't ask *sighs*), and some of them were recorded using the VM system. As our company is so small, it was no problem to figure out which .r24 files it is, but although I've figured out the sample rate, I can't figure out the format (8-bit a-law is the closest - but still sounds like aliens trying to make contact), so I can't convert these files on my own. The lawyers need them in a format they can listen to and determine if they are valid as evidence, but calling in to voicemail isn't an option (don't ask me why - I'm just told what to do...)
So... Inter-Tel Axxess, I think it's 7.00something voicemail (Avdap?), and I'm just shy of totally clueless here.
I did see that mrb had a conversion file back in march - I'm hoping that he or someone like him can throw me a bone here.
Thanks!
Michael in Houston
Posted By: MacGyver Re: Voicemail to wav? - 10/03/05 06:51 PM
We are no longer able to support Installer Level procedures such as file conversion in the open forum. If you need files converted we will be happy to refer you to a Moderator or Installer to handle the converstion. There will most likely be a fee for their professional services.

I cannot send you the software. Please do not PM me to ask for it.
Posted By: superfoneguy Re: Voicemail to wav? - 10/03/05 08:22 PM
What OS is the VM? OS2 or NT/2000?
Posted By: Snicker Re: Voicemail to wav? - 10/04/05 08:41 AM
The voicemail system (AVDAP) is NT.

Thank you so much, MacGyver. I had thought about titling the request "Help me, MacGyver, you're my only hope!" but figured that was a bit presumptious wink

The email, two paperclips, a rubber band and can of compressed air are on the way. Can you go ahead and fix me up a VTOL-Office-Chair rocket while you're at it? wink
Posted By: MacGyver Re: Voicemail to wav? - 10/04/05 09:03 AM
We are no longer able to support Installer Level procedures such as file conversion in the open forum. If you need files converted we will be happy to refer you to a Moderator or Installer to handle the converstion. There will most likely be a fee for their professional services.

Posted By: Snicker Re: Voicemail to wav? - 10/04/05 01:27 PM
Mmmm... Bisquick - I'll get right on that wink

The attachment was probably an exe, so I'm betting one of our mail servers ate it. Can you try re-sending as a zip?
Posted By: MacGyver Re: Voicemail to wav? - 10/04/05 02:14 PM

Posted By: Snicker Re: Voicemail to wav? - 10/04/05 04:08 PM
Got it, thankyouverymuch. Works like a charm!
The chair only reached about 14' in altitude, though. I'm thinking we need to reconsider the propellant.

Thanks again!
Posted By: MacGyver Re: Voicemail to wav? - 10/04/05 04:55 PM

Posted By: Outraged Re: Voicemail to wav? - 11/10/05 03:19 PM
Hi MacGyver

It sounds like you have a tool for every situation. Any chance I can bother you for your r24 converter?

I recently upgraded to a CPS system and am having a rough time with system gremlins.
I could do with the converter if only to allow me to reliably replace the audiotex after defaulting the system!

Anyone have any clues to the naming system on the NT VPU (AVDAP system)?
Posted By: MacGyver Re: Voicemail to wav? - 11/10/05 06:21 PM

Posted By: Outraged Re: Voicemail to wav? - 11/11/05 04:12 AM
Hi MacGyver

Thanks for the welcome.

In regards to backing up the Audiovox recording via DBstudio how have you got you system setup. The avdap application only supports A: or B: so should I assume that the best way is to subst the drive to a local folder on the VPU?
Posted By: MacGyver Re: Voicemail to wav? - 11/11/05 05:49 AM
Backing up to A: can be a bit cumbersom. The easiest way is to make a folder on the terminal that you are using to run DB Studio. Share that folder and if you're not on a network already make sure that the Workgroup name is the same on the Avdap machine and your computer running DB Studio. Then Map the B: Drive to that shared folder.

When backing up don't forget to put a check in the box to back up Axxessorytalk files as well.

I'm not sitting in front of a unit right now or I'd give you the exact menu options. If you have any questions just post them. Someone here will normally answer them very quickly.
Posted By: Skip P Re: Voicemail to wav? - 11/15/05 03:27 AM
Do you think I could get a copy of this converter tool? I am in the insurance business and have had many occasions I've needed a voicemail recording for a trial or deposition. When I hand them a cassette of a VM recorded via speaker-phone, they always look at me funny. I would really appreciate it.
Posted By: MacGyver Re: Voicemail to wav? - 11/15/05 06:14 AM
Skip are you using Record A Call on the Axxess? If so using Level I Unified Messaging might be a much better option for you. Your Axxessory Talk should have 5 Level I licenses with it. Let's say that your Record a Call box is 1150. You would set up box 1150 to email the recorded call as a .wav file to your email box. Once you hang up from the phone, the .wav appears in your email box.

It's just a thought. The converter tool is not very user friendly. However based on your time problem we just solved, you're probably learning your way around a little, but you really have to be able to watch AdvapMon to even know which file to convert.

I'll shoot you a PM with some additional info when I get to my desk.

Also, if you don't mind please finish filling out your profile so everyone here can get to know who you are and who they are helping welcome
Posted By: Spencer Re: Voicemail to wav? - 11/18/05 10:15 AM
This .r24 to wav conversion utility is exactly what I need. Any chance of getting a copy of that?
Posted By: MacGyver Re: Voicemail to wav? - 11/18/05 12:02 PM
Hi Spencer.

The Moderators have requested that we ask new members to please finish filling out their profile when asking for assistance. That way everyone here can get to know who they are helping. welcome
Posted By: Spencer Re: Voicemail to wav? - 11/18/05 12:34 PM
Sure, I have completed my profile. Please let me know if there is anything else you need.
Posted By: Mark Stephens Re: Voicemail to wav? - 11/28/05 07:38 AM
Hi MacGyver,

I would love to get a copy of your r24 converter please.

I have been :bang: looking for one.

If I could get a copy I would :banana:
Posted By: z28pwr Re: Voicemail to wav? - 11/29/05 10:30 AM
I've been looking for a way of doing this. MacGyver, could you send me the link to the app.

Thanks.
Posted By: MacGyver Re: Voicemail to wav? - 11/29/05 02:41 PM

Posted By: Ron Fox Re: Voicemail to wav? - 12/09/05 08:39 PM
Hi MacGyver,

I found this board while googling for just this kind of information. Another harrassing voicemail situation (happens even in Hawaii it seems). The local police want electronic copies of the messages for evidence.

I've identified the Inter-Tel VM system's (AVDAP on NT) filenames for the messages by watching the AVDAP monitor while listening to the messages on the system when it is nearly inactive.

Could you please send me info on how to get your R24 <-> WAV conversion utility? This wondrous tool deserves a name and wider distribution. Do you have the source code for it?

Regards,
Ron
Posted By: MacGyver Re: Voicemail to wav? - 12/10/05 04:23 PM

Posted By: grdnwesl Re: Voicemail to wav? - 12/13/05 10:49 AM
I have also been looking for this kind of information. Can you hook a brother up?
Posted By: MacGyver Re: Voicemail to wav? - 12/13/05 06:24 PM

Posted By: Obiwankster Re: Voicemail to wav? - 12/15/05 01:12 PM
MacGyver your a popular guy.

My company recently merged with another and I have been trying to convert their .r24 files pulled from their OS/2 Access Inter-Tel box using Goldwave without much success.

If I could get the a copy of the .r24 converter
I would make a lot of people happy.

Thanks in advance,
Paul
Posted By: MacGyver Re: Voicemail to wav? - 12/15/05 04:39 PM

Posted By: ITEveryThing Re: Voicemail to wav? - 12/22/05 03:02 PM
Hey Mac,

I don't need it now but definitely see it as a tool to have. So, if you would be so kind?

At your convenience.

Thanks,
Posted By: MacGyver Re: Voicemail to wav? - 12/22/05 04:13 PM

Posted By: PILPhoneguy Re: Voicemail to wav? - 02/09/06 04:30 PM
Can anyone provide me with the conver to wav format tool?
Posted By: lifebuoy Re: Voicemail to wav? - 02/21/06 05:17 AM
Any chance of someone sending me the r24 to wav converter. My intertel unified messaging has failed and I urgently need some messages converting to wav

Much appreciated

Mark
Posted By: MacGyver Re: Voicemail to wav? - 02/21/06 06:04 AM

Posted By: dcmac_23 Re: Voicemail to wav? - 03/01/06 03:49 PM
Any way to get a copy of that utility? That would make my day to finally find this.
Posted By: MacGyver Re: Voicemail to wav? - 03/01/06 03:54 PM

Posted By: dcmac_23 Re: Voicemail to wav? - 03/01/06 03:58 PM
I don't know of anything else to add.

I don't have a home page or use aol.
Posted By: AMG Re: Voicemail to wav? - 03/13/06 09:08 AM
I'm in desparate need of this converter to save a failing Inter-tel system. Can anyone help me obtain it?
Posted By: Robertboyd Re: Voicemail to wav? - 03/20/06 07:00 AM
I was wondering if I could get that utility as well. It would be a big help.
Posted By: MacGyver Re: Voicemail to wav? - 03/20/06 07:21 AM

Posted By: Joshua Starr Re: Voicemail to wav? - 04/06/06 07:08 AM
Hey! This is exactly what I need. Could you please send me the R24-> WAV converter? I would greatly appreciate it!
Posted By: Kramer Re: Voicemail to wav? - 04/14/06 09:31 AM
Hey MacGyver,

I'm in law enforcement and I'm in need of this converter tool. I've filled out my profile, can you please send me this tool? Thanks!
Posted By: MacGyver Re: Voicemail to wav? - 04/14/06 01:11 PM
PLEASE READ REGARDING CONVERTER TOOL & KSU.EXE PROGRAMMING SOFTWARE

I have been trying to PM each person individually on a case by case basis, but decided it would be better to place the following post:

After very much consideration and debate, the Administrators have announced that it is is now the policy of this forum to keep installer level programming off of the public board. Therefore download access to these items will be moved to the Installer Forum shortly.

If you do not have Installer privileges and need a specific file converted, we will try to refer you to an Installer who can provide the conversion service.

Thank you for your understanding.
Posted By: NCCAdmin Re: Voicemail to wav? - 05/19/06 03:56 AM
Hello MacGyver,

I am a Network Manager for a national Construction Company and we are moving our regional office. We presently have an Inter-tel Axxess system running at version 4.4 and we are upgrading to a new system-running version 9.0. Some of my users are looking to capture some of their voicemails for various reasons.

My local Inter-tel dealer does not seem willing to help me with this situation. Therefore, after doing some research I found this sight and see that you may have a utility that will convert .r24 to .WAV format.

Any help or guidance with this matter would be greatly appreciated.
Posted By: JordonJ Re: Voicemail to wav? - 05/19/06 05:35 AM
To tell you the truth, the most efficient method we use is to (try not to laugh), put a tape recorder next to the speaker and save the message that way.
Posted By: MacGyver Re: Voicemail to wav? - 05/19/06 06:51 AM
Hi NCCAdmin. Welcome to the board and thanks for filling out your profile.

I'm not doing any laughing here at Jeff. His method is by far the most practical for the average user who is just trying to save a message. The conversion is more useful for when you need a perfect copy of a .wav to use as an outgoing message.

The process to handle the conversion requires console access and tech level knowledge to identify the necessary files. In any event, under the new board guidelines I'd have to refer you to one of the Moderators or Installers who could handle the conversion for you.

If you have the necessary skills to identify and pull the necessary .r24 files, then you could just email them for conversion and have them sent back. If on the other hand, you needed someone to pull the files, you would either need an onsite tech or one the does remote programming.

If you need remote programming, let me know. We don't do it here unless you're under contract with us to maintain your datacenter as well, but we have some great Mods that can help.

welcome
Posted By: NotReallyAPhoneGuy Re: Voicemail to wav? - 05/24/06 01:05 PM
Hi MacGyver. I am in need of the software tool to convert r24 to wave, can you help me out?

If not, just the specifications for these files would be helpful (what the heck are they?)

I'm not sure e-mailing the files for conversion is possible, because of confidentiality issues.

I have located the files on our OS/2 (!) voicemail box and copied them off, so am OK with that part of it.

Thanks for any help!

Originally posted by MacGyver:
[b]PLEASE READ REGARDING CONVERTER TOOL & KSU.EXE PROGRAMMING SOFTWARE

I have been trying to PM each person individually on a case by case basis, but decided it would be better to place the following post:

After very much consideration and debate, the Administrators have announced that it is is now the policy of this forum to keep installer level programming off of the public board. Therefore download access to these items will be moved to the Installer Forum shortly.

If you do not have Installer privileges and need a specific file converted, we will try to refer you to an Installer who can provide the conversion service.

Thank you for your understanding. [/b]
Posted By: MacGyver Re: Voicemail to wav? - 05/26/06 07:52 PM
Hi and welcome to the board! Please finish filling out your profile so we can get to know you. You will find that you will get a much better response to your postings with a complete profile.

The files are a proprietary format that take up less space than a traditional .wav file. I'm sorry to hear about your concerns over sending out the files for conversion as that would be the most economical way to handle it. If you can't have the data leave your control then I'd have to suggest calling in a tech handle the conversion.

welcome
Posted By: swise Re: Voicemail to wav? - 06/29/06 01:18 PM
MacGyver,
Any way I could get my hands on your converter as well?
Thanks,
Scott
Posted By: MacGyver Re: Voicemail to wav? - 06/29/06 02:23 PM
Hi Scott:

Welcome to Tech Talk. I'm sorry but as it said at the top of this page, under the new board guidelines, we can no longer support "Installer Level" issues to end users.

There are a few techs who will do conversions for a small charge if you want to email the .r24 files. If you're interested just let me know how many we're talking about and I'll try to get you a price.
Posted By: MacGyver Re: Voicemail to wav? - 06/30/06 09:49 AM
AGAIN, EVERYONE PLEASE READ THE POST AT THE TOP OF THIS PAGE.

If you need files converted we will be happy to try and refer you to an Installer or Moderator who can help, but PLEASE do not PM and ask for the program. Under the new board guidelines we can NO LONGER support Installer level procedures to end users.

Thank you for your understanding in this matter.
Posted By: mikerock Re: Voicemail to wav? - 07/29/08 09:02 AM
where can i get this tool?
Posted By: MacGyver Re: Voicemail to wav? - 07/29/08 07:02 PM
mikerock, check your PM box.
Posted By: dfleschute Re: Voicemail to wav? - 07/31/08 11:04 AM
Hey MacGyver, how's that copy and paste function working for you? Aren't systems coming with 5 licenses of Unified Messenger? Why not point one of those licenses to the necessary mailbox? The email has an audio file. The client with the installed UM application won't see it as a WAV, but if they forward it to someone without UM, it gets converted into a WAV.
Posted By: Pingebri Re: Voicemail to wav? - 07/12/10 02:48 PM
I have a very limited, but important, use for this tool. Could someone point me in the right direction??

Thanks (beforehand)

Peter
Posted By: bestbill Re: Voicemail to wav? - 04/23/19 01:29 AM
I know this is a very Old Thread.
I have finally retired our Old Axxess System.
I pulled the EVMC and I would like to convert the r24 files to WAV, Mainly some old messages from my Son to Dad at Work.

I know MacGyver used to PM the converter tool.

Does anyone still know where to find this tool?
Jim
Posted By: Professor Shadow Re: Voicemail to wav? - 04/23/19 03:13 PM
Have you tried File.org?
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help