atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Neknurb Modem connection issues - 06/21/13 03:02 AM
I am attempting to login remotely via modem to a 5000 system running 1.2.5. When connecting to the modem it gets to the point of "ASAI connected, loading database" then I get the error "Call processing is not responding, the link may be down". I have verified that call processing is not down. I can successfully login into another 5000 with the same software version. I've got my baud rate set to 9600. I'm using a laptop running Win XP Pro. Any ideas?
Posted By: JWRacedog Re: Modem connection issues - 06/21/13 12:14 PM
I don't know anything about your 5000 system but I'll tell you what it sounds like to me.

I modem into Mitel, DX80 & DX120 systems on a bi-weekly basis, at least. I have had to get an expensive ($60.00 plus) copper dedicated line for my modem. I use an external and an option of an internal modem using XPPro. I keep them all the same---because I know that -- at this end, I'm OK. It's another story at the remote end. Customers using analog lines from a T-1 work fine, POTS lines work fine---but I have trouble connecting to, and staying connected to---some lines that are IP based, use some EMTA's etc. I can eventually connect and download the database but sometimes it take many, many tries and I sometimes change to slower baud rates. I have a feeling, at times, that time of day makes a difference sometimes, and also I just quit---and let the remote line "rest". I know that it makes no sense---but sometimes I'm so frustrated--I try any mumbo-jumbo to get the job done.

I've been at this for some time---and it's really nice to get a good solid connection and get connected quickly and to get in and get out of programming with no fuss. It used to be like that all the time when everyone had POTS lines---but in today's world--all the customer wants is a low dollar figure on his phone bill---and the guy doing the remote stuff has to bite himself. Most gas companies and security companies demand that their equipment be hooked up to a copper POTS line for remote access---we usually have to go in through the regular voice lines on the phone system. There is a difference. I'm done. Again, I don't know if this helps you or not. Good Luck.

Posted By: DND ON Re: Modem connection issues - 06/21/13 12:46 PM
The 5000 is a pain to modem into, especially the olde version he’s using. There were a couple of tricks, which hopefully someone will recall. It’s been better than 5 years since I used a modem, and I honestly can’t remember.
Posted By: Neknurb Re: Modem connection issues - 06/23/13 12:55 AM
Turned out that the modem has issues. Doing a reset of the modem with the feature code allows me to connect. However, I have to reset the modem after each connection to allow for a new connection.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help