atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: bdovpro [HELP REQUEST] avdap stops running - 11/26/13 09:50 PM
Hey guys, about a week ago our main VPU hdd crashed.
I've re-installed the system/software on a new hdd but now I cant get AVDAP.exe process to keep running. It will start and go for about 30sec then vanish.

I've checked the logs and I cant find any actual errors. It just seems to stop running when it gets to:
"Waiting for WD to complete....
WD completed."

Anyone got any suggestions? I'm gonna start pulling out my hair soon...

Windows NT - AVDAP version 8.000
I'm connected to the main system through ethernet cable in COM1 port and through the OPC PCM Port.
Posted By: GoJoeGo Re: [HELP REQUEST] avdap stops running - 02/24/16 03:51 PM
Having the same issue. did anyone ever resolve this issue?
Posted By: GoJoeGo Re: [HELP REQUEST] avdap stops running - 02/24/16 05:39 PM
I forgot to add that:

OS/2 EVMC board
ADVAP 5.355

Posted By: hitechcomm Re: [HELP REQUEST] avdap stops running - 02/24/16 06:00 PM
Best bet is to call Mitel to send out a tech.
Posted By: GoJoeGo Re: [HELP REQUEST] avdap stops running - 02/24/16 07:13 PM
But of course!
Posted By: GoJoeGo Re: [HELP REQUEST] avdap stops running - 02/25/16 06:42 PM
Okay.... talked with a really smart TelCom tech out of Florida. He knows Inter-Tel stuff inside and out.

The reason I was getting the WD message is because the database was corrupt. Mind you, this was fresh install of AVDAP (5_355).

He told me I had to delete the db using command deldb Once I did that and rebooted... RING!RING! Had my EVMC back online. However, it is a blank database.

So, in case anyone else has this issue, think about that solution. Don't do it if you haven't backed up your db.

Posted By: hitechcomm Re: [HELP REQUEST] avdap stops running - 02/25/16 09:13 PM
Ok, I guess he wasn't that smart.
Posted By: NotNotCity42 Re: [HELP REQUEST] avdap stops running - 02/26/16 03:19 PM
I remember tech support having me do that once for an EVMC I couldn't get working.
Whenever I load software on an EVMC, I usually make sure to delete the DB. Saves aggravation later.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help