atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Adam884 Intertell 5000 display name change - 04/08/14 02:39 PM
The company I recently started to work for has intertel 5000 system ver. 2.4.1.43. I am trying to figure out how to change the display name on the endpoints, as those employees are no longer with us. I heard this is possible with an Admin phone, but I cannot find the instructions. Anyone can help with this?
Use the database programming software. Much easier than using the phone and more complete. If you need it, please contact your local Mitel dealer. When you do that get it upgraded too. The system is currently at a supported level of version 6.0 SP1.
Posted By: Adam884 Re: Intertell 5000 display name change - 04/10/14 03:21 PM
Thank you, I do appreciate that. I will contact mitel for the software. However, is there a way to do it on the admin phone? I would hate to make the employee wait till they can come out and I get a chance to work with them.
Posted By: NotNotCity42 Re: Intertell 5000 display name change - 04/10/14 08:19 PM
You can change the name on a display phone. It's done like txt'ng.
However, that only changes the name on the display of the phone. It does not change the description of the extension which is what the voicemail uses for spell-by-name.
The 'admin' phone needs to have administration rights assigned in programming.
If it has a large display there'll be an option on the phone for Admin.
OK this is more than I usually give out but this is the Admin Guide for Version 3.2. It contains the instructions for programming the name on a phone. Remember you cannot program the description for the phone here (voicemail uses description, not use name). I take no responsibility for you breaking anything in your system. I also have no idea who is the owner of the web site this is from. I googled it and this popped up. Good luck and think about contacting your dealer and get it upgraded and get the programming software. And ask them about adding the new features to your system. There has been a lot of new features since 2.4. It will make your life easier!
https://www.teamextenda.com/download/mitel_mivoice_office/5000_v3-2_AdminGuide.pdf
Posted By: Adam884 Re: Intertell 5000 display name change - 04/17/14 03:17 PM
Thank you! However, now I have the software from mitel and full access to DB. Thank you ,nevertheless!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help