atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: JHillsmo Programming via IP connection - 05/03/14 09:09 PM
We have 15 sites, ver 5.2-6.05. I want to replace modem with IP connectivity. Can someone direct me to docs or sell me info on how to?
Posted By: DND ON Re: Programming via IP connection - 05/03/14 10:32 PM
Each CPU has a LAN port. Assign a unique static IP address in DB programming, and put it on your network.

In your Session Manager, open the network connection tab and enter the IP address. Operation is the same as dial up, just faster.
Posted By: JHillsmo Re: Programming via IP connection - 05/03/14 11:22 PM
Are you serious, it's that easy? Can I connect to remote PC's on our network, across the state?
Posted By: JHillsmo Re: Programming via IP connection - 05/03/14 11:22 PM
Thanx by the way.
Posted By: DND ON Re: Programming via IP connection - 05/04/14 12:14 AM
If you can ping the CPU, you can log into it.

Bet you're kicking yourself for using dial up!
Posted By: Stix1 Re: Programming via IP connection - 05/05/14 03:48 PM
If you are using V5.2 - V6.0, I am assuming that you are using Axxess. This means that you have CPU cards that do not have LAN ports for IP connectivity. This started on V8 with the advent of the CPC cards.
Posted By: Cans and String Re: Programming via IP connection - 05/05/14 03:55 PM
Stix1 is right. Instead of upgrading each system to a now non supported CPC you should just contact your local Mitel dealer and get get the migration program to the MiVoice Office (formerly Mitel 5000 Communications Platform) which delivers a hybrid digital / IP communications platform that enable small and medium sized businesses to blend their voice system into their data network, creating a cost-effective, efficient communications environment. As of today the old legacy Inter-tel phones are still supported so you may keep your phones.
Posted By: DND ON Re: Programming via IP connection - 05/05/14 07:17 PM
Crap, I remembered my history wrong!

I was thinking that the LAN port was added when networking came along with version 5. Of course, Stix1 is correct that it wasn't until verson 8.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help